Toribash
Original Post
Unable to change default chat color
I posted a previous thread looking for help with chat colors and shaders, but it appears my issue is due to a small bug rather than my configuration.

The text-color options in the shader config files seem to have become deprecated since a change to the chat message format in recent versions of Toribash. Attempting to change the color has no effect on the first line of text, but does change the second line:

Using same shader config file in Toribash v3.50(patched for multiplayer) changes the text color, but fails to parse the new ^## syntax:

Issue not tested on Macintosh versions.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Download the attached black.inc file
2. Throw file into Toribash/data/shader/
3. load via /lws black.inc
4. Type a wall of text in multiplayer
6. Profit!

Big thanks to Box for helping me pinpoint this, and for providing download links to the older versions and multiplayer patch.

Edit: Possible fixes
1. Introduce ^default flag, insert it after <name>
2. Change syntax of *.inc file to ^## for colors, then add that flag after name (i.e. ^07<^05Soandso^07>^## message
Attached Images
tori35text.png (3.1 KB, 128 views)
Attached Files
black.inc (667 Bytes, 4 views)
Last edited by FreshTasty; Jul 24, 2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: Added possible fixes
Well there's your problem, you're using a world shader. :|

That's a problem with the shader, not the game. If you tried every shader on the forum you'd find a lot of them don't work with coloured text.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I think that is a good point SkulFuk, but the forum is able to switch back to default color mid sentence using the /COLOR flag.

Implementing something similar in Toribash would allow world shaders to color message text that isn't already colored.