Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]The Gentle Bak.
Hello, so today i made a head, and well ill show it to you, i dont know why i named it that way, the way it looked just made me think of a white and black, classic gentle man in a tuxedo, or something.

Well, heres the spinny head:

I know its very mirrored, i just wanted it to look the same on both sides ;) The back is kinda off too, too lazy to fix that.

So tell me guys, what you think about it? am i doing these this right or wrong? what should i do better? n' stuff like that.

I used GIMP 2.6 if you want to know.
Well, if you want to improve your head textures, you'll have to stop getting lazy with the mapping and quality for sure. the design is decent, but it looks lazily done. Try to study some other textures like yours and just think of ways to make it interesting.
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
I can't tell which side is the front, and which side is the back.

To me it seems the back is where that white lines goes all the way threw the head. The front must be the bold lines on the head. There usually wouldn't be a white line running threw the middle of the front, as much as the back since that's most commonly messed up on.

My opinion: I think it's decent, but it would be much better if you could define it more, and make it less mirrored. Put in different detail on each side. And that shading you did on it looks funny going to the lines of the head, since there is a grey strip separating the lines and the shading.
It could just be cleaned up some, it looks really messy right now. I don't see what you were going for on this.
One thing about head textures: You shouldn't design them like a puzzle. You don't make toribash textures by randomly fitting in shapes. You have to make patterns, or other forms of art.
I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals
How do you do the spinny head? cus when i try to do it on gimp it wont work. . . can you help or tell me what im doing wrong?