Ranking
Original Post
Shaders didn't work.
I always go to setup and set shaders to 1, but it resets back to 0.
Although I don't have ATI Radeon, Catalyst, Nvidia GeForce and such, I think my computer should can run shaders because I can run most high requirement games like Cabal Online, City of Heroes and more games.

This is my full computer specs (I don't know which are graphics card) :

Operating System : Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
System Model: GC310AA-AB4 s3080d
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 4300 @ 1.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 1526MB RAM
DirectX Version: DirectX 10

Display Services

Card name: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip type: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
DAC type: Internal
Display Memory: 256 MB
Dedicated Memory: 0 MB
Shared Memory: 256 MB
Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor
Driver Name: igdumd32.dll
Driver Version: 7.14.0010.1461 (English)
you have an on-board gpu i see, these are known to be a bit sparse of features.
check the specs of your model on intels site, and see if it supports shader model 2.0.
Can't find my chipset model on the site, but I found the nearest.
It does support Pixel Shaders 2.0 and another one (forgot) shader.

Whats my Toribash shaders problem o_O
Needs to support OpenGL 2.0. If it does, should work.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Toribash uses OpenGL, it's a bit more taxing on Graphics cards.
Try and download the latest drivers for your card (Google your card name), or get a new Graphics card. I suggest Nvidia Geforce 6500 +, I have it and it works with around 30-40 fps with shaders.
I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch!

http://toritori9.on.toribash.com
The problem here is that your card doesn't support OpenGL 2.0, you can play those games on max settings because they use DirectX which is less work on your card, try downloading the newest drivers for your card or buying a new card, first you should open up your computer to see if you have any spare slots and what kind of slot it is, just to make sure you don't buy the wrong type of graphics card.
Toribash doesn't run on OpenGL2.0 it runs on OpenGL, but you have to get the Catalyst Driver. My Graphics card couldn't run shaders but when i downloaded this driver i found, they do work, at like 50+ frames. So yeah, i'd try find a good driver site for your card.
Originally Posted by IcyPants View Post
Toribash doesn't run on OpenGL2.0 it runs on OpenGL, but you have to get the Catalyst Driver. My Graphics card couldn't run shaders but when i downloaded this driver i found, they do work, at like 50+ frames. So yeah, i'd try find a good driver site for your card.

If your card doesn't support up to OpenGL 2.0 then shaders won't run, so yes, it does run on 2.0, if you had OpenGL 1.4 you wouldn't be able to run shaders.
Yeah, 2.0 is the version of OpenGl, you need to be able to run 2.0 in order to have shaders, I wouldn't expect your computer to say 2.0, but I'm sure if you searched your card on google for the specs it would say that it supports OpenGL 2.0.