Toribash
Original Post
[Art] My first time making a head texture

This is it, I made it with only gimp and it didn't take a lot of time to make.
At first I didn't know which way I wanted to go but I chose positive and negative and I wanted it to look intimidating so yeah.

This is the result thanks for watching. Tell me what you find of it and tell me how to improve.

------------------------------

This is my new head or it's more like a template to what I am going to edit further I changed it to the colours that I have as relax and force, And I will edit it further thanks for watching
Last edited by KenKitano; Aug 15, 2012 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Change in art
Its a decent idea, though it is boring and poorly mapped, the vertical stripes would just go into a point on the head and wouldt be a straight stripe up as is assume you were trying for.
The eyes are somewhat weird in my opinion.

its a good first try, much better than mine, keep on working at it and you will get better.

Edit: btw he changed the head shown on the first post, so anything i put here isnt relevant anymore. I will keep the post here though, unless told otherwise, so it doesnt look like he double posted.
Last edited by Siech0; Aug 15, 2012 at 12:55 AM.
Thanks for your reaction I see, I will work on more art and shall post here more frequently to get better. I will work on my current head then. Thanks!
I like the eyes and simplicity of the head - as a project it looks nice but I think you should replace these vertical stripes with something more sophisticated and add more elements to the head.
Personally, I don't like the colours - but it's just my opinion, I generally don't like much colours together

As I said, i like the eyes, their shape. In the non-inverted version, these, I believe, ecto or radioactive coloured shapes under the eyes slightly reminds me of tears, which gives interesting expression.

Add some shading, more elements, the space when mouth and nose supposed to be is blank too ;)
Last edited by Dmuhawak; Aug 17, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Originally Posted by Dmuhawak View Post
I like the eyes and simplicity of the head - as a project it looks nice but I think you should replace these vertical stripes with something more sophisticated and add more elements to the head.
Personally, I don't like the colours - but it's just my opinion, I generally don't like much colours together

As I said, i like the eyes, their shape. In the non-inverted version, these, I believe, ecto or radioactive coloured shapes under the eyes slightly reminds me of tears, which gives interesting expression.

Add some shading, more elements, the space when mouth and nose supposed to be is blank too ;)

Thank you very much for your advice and opinion on the head, since it was my first head it was ofcourse very simplistic hahaha. I will take those things in mind and I will edit it later.

Thanks in advance
Originally Posted by KenKitano View Post
Thank you very much for your advice and opinion on the head, since it was my first head it was ofcourse very simplistic hahaha. I will take those things in mind and I will edit it later.

Thanks in advance

No problem ;) for shading - check out some tutorials, you'll find one for sure.
And look out for the top of the head - it's very tricky, bottom is less (but still) important because it is covered by the neck of tori.

If you know any 3d program, you can probably use it to preview your work by making a sphere and applying the texture.
But ofc you can aswell upload the head and check it out on toribash or make spinning animation as you did ;) Just saying.
Originally Posted by Dmuhawak View Post
No problem ;) for shading - check out some tutorials, you'll find one for sure.
And look out for the top of the head - it's very tricky, bottom is less (but still) important because it is covered by the neck of tori.

If you know any 3d program, you can probably use it to preview your work by making a sphere and applying the texture.
But ofc you can aswell upload the head and check it out on toribash or make spinning animation as you did ;) Just saying.

Yeah I use photoshop for that one, it has a mode where you can switch it to a sphere and everything you made will be wrapped around that sphere. So thanks for even more advice and I will go on and make a better head