Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Onzu's snazzy self-whoring thread of the doom!
Disclaimer: This is fairly unoriginal and boring self whoring thread.

So yeah, I've taken few photos of stuff I find interesting and kinda hope that at least few of you share that interest with me.

The deal here? I'll add few "preview" pics, and if you find them interesting, you can (*hinthintnudgenudge*) check out my gallery. Simple eh?

I've taken most of those photos to document what I've seen & experienced. Weirdly enough (for a self whoring thread) these weren't supposed to be published. ..But people seemed to like them, so go figure.

And as usual, C&C, praise, whatnot is wanted, tho not really expected.. :(

Here we go then!

Just a short morning exercise

This was taken from top of lightning tower 64. Name comes from the fact that (as you can see) I wear my morning slippers in the photo. :P

The mess hall

Place in the photo was (most likely) the mess hall / cafeteria of fairly big, but now abandoned, office complex.

Intersection

This was taken in fairly boring draining trip, and the picture is fairly boring too, but it shows what we saw there (yup, boring stuff..). :P

Mt. Chimney

*whistles the riff of Hunting High and Low* Last pic was taken low, so time to go HIGH! :P

So yeah, those are the few "preview pics" I promised, if you did like them, go to http://www.flickr.com/photos/oantteri/ and check out the rest of the photos. (I'm still taking new ones and whatnot, but flickr has fairly annoying upload limit..)

TL;DR? This is the link to gallery!

Credit to Doc- for comin' up with such a snazzy thread tittle!
Last edited by Dargon; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:41 PM.
fucking whore

I like the Intersection picture the most. What kind of camera are you workin worth?
Looked at his Flickr, it's a Sony DSLR-A300.

nice shoes in the first pic
Last edited by Slycooper; Aug 16, 2012 at 03:58 PM.
Haha the first photo looks like a 3d render to me lol ;p

I agree with Volg, these photos with ladders are interesting ;)
I also like the dark, almost hidden person near the column on the second photo.
Is that your hobby? Climbing high ladders? ;)
Climbing, crawling, taking photos.. Exploring what's been once created and then abandoned, seeing what normal people don't see or bother to see. That's my hobby. :P

What normal people don't see!

Something that only people like me will appreciate?

Something that has been abandoned?

Heh I'd be scared to climb that high with a DSLR lol ;) I'm getting one on September tho.

I like your hobby, it's interesting Have you ever had any kind of accident by doing this?
But about the photos - for old industrial or "created and then abbandoned" places/things I'd edit the photos a little bit, turn down the saturation, change the color balance, maybe add a soft vignette like so

But remember it's just my opinion, the most important thing is to be satisfied with your own work.

Ps. this photo is just a 2 min edit, I wanted to show the actual idea
Originally Posted by Dmuhawak View Post
Heh I'd be scared to climb that high with a DSLR lol ;) I'm getting one on September tho.

I like your hobby, it's interesting Have you ever had any kind of accident by doing this?

If I fall I'll probably die, so worrying about camera is bit silly, lol. But seriously speaking, having that necklace around you neck or strapped to arm usually is enough to protect the camera even if manage to fuck up. (I usually try to protect camera as well as I just can.)

I've never had any serious accident while exploring. Ripped clothes, scrapped arms & legs, bruised myself plenty times and even banged my head few times, but so far I've been able to fix everything with band-aids and disinfectants. :P

Originally Posted by Dmuhawak View Post
But about the photos - for old industrial or "created and then abbandoned" places/things I'd edit the photos a little bit, turn down the saturation, change the color balance, maybe add a soft vignette like so

But remember it's just my opinion, the most important thing is to be satisfied with your own work.

Ps. this photo is just a 2 min edit, I wanted to show the actual idea

Yep. I agree whole heartedly with you, but gotta remember that:
Originally Posted by Onzu
I've taken most of those photos to document what I've seen & experienced. Weirdly enough (for a self whoring thread) these weren't supposed to be published. ..But people seemed to like them, so go figure.

I was/still am also fairly new to whole photographing thingy, and just took them as I went.
(Already promised to myself that I'd actually start working with photos instead of just shooting & uploading them. :P)