Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]Mass effect: Saren
Working on Saren Arterius from the Mass Effect series

Made with Photoshop CS3 & a wacom bamboo pen
Last edited by BenDover; Sep 10, 2012 at 12:38 AM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
All i can say is wow.
Just... wow.

I'm a huge fan of mass effect as it is, and saren imo is one of the coolest looking villains in any game.

As a wip it's looking good, the sketchy lines i imgaine will be cleaned up.

The little prongs on the mouth could do with being pointier

Also the nose looks a tad weird, I think there's a tad to much highlighting on the top of the bridge, although obviously it's still a wip.

Anyways, I can't find many flws with it, only what i've listed above, excellent work ehre mate, I CANNOT WAIT to see how this turns out. :]
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
The only thing that I don't like are the pointy things on the sides of the head. They look awful on the sphere

I think that it will look much better if you shorten them like that:

Another little mistake (or maybe it was made by purpose) is that the head is not mirrored properly.

Everything else looks fine.
Last edited by Wancorne; Aug 31, 2012 at 05:02 PM.
[Latvian][GATA]
Free Head Textures
not too fussed about the pointy things, i dont want them to look short as theyr supposed to be pretty long
the mirroring has been fixxed already, didnt draw it dead centre initially
Just realised it,
I have found some that is looking good with this style.

try to keep the same level of detail of this parts marked with red.
Dengue, not quite sure what youre talking about, but i will be going over the rest of the texture once the basics are done
Wancorne, i disagree, they are supposed to be long and wrap around the head. even if they werent, i dont think it would look right on the sphere, theyd just look stumpy, even if done right

update, to get an idea what im doing with the back, still quite rough, espectially on the shroud, will sharpen and clean things up more when i finish the basics, same applies for the rest of the texture
going for more of a tali look for the shroud over the back, with the little designs, thought the plain black was too plain
Last edited by BenDover; Sep 2, 2012 at 08:57 PM.