Toribash
Original Post
Shaders help
Ok, I have a card I think should work with shaders (I tried every thing on the sticky..)

Okay well here is some system info:

Card name: RADEON 9250
Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
Chip type: ATI display adapter (0x5960)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5960&SUBSYS_20201787&REV_01
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Dell DV051
BIOS: Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version 1.10 A03
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 529MB used, 2111MB available
Windows Dir: CWINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

And this is what shows in the stderr:

No shader extension found. AbortNo shader extension found. Abort
You've made sure that you've updated to the newest graphics driver available for your card and restarted your PC?

If you haven't, here's a link to them.

Also,
No shader extension found. Abort

Suggests that your card needs some extension or another to run OpenGL shaders, and if such an extension exists, It'll probably be contained in a driver download package.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Yes, I already have those drivers... It says this about OpenGL on the control center: OpenGL Version 6.14.10.5819

That must mean I have OpenGl 2.0, amirite?
From what I gathered from documentation on your card (and I might be wrong here) your card does use OpenGL 2.0, yes.

I honestly can't see why the problem persists. Have you tried looking up a RADEON 9250 shader extension?
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
Well my Radeon 9600 didn't work with shaders, but i got a catalyst driver and it did... so.. Yeah. It might be your card, not good enoof :<
Originally Posted by IcyPants View Post
Well my Radeon 9600 didn't work with shaders, but i got a catalyst driver and it did... so.. Yeah. It might be your card, not good enoof :<

I think that's the reason. The Ati Radeon 9250 isn't powerful enough to handle the shaders. All you can do is to change your graphic card, but badly I know you can't D:
Gone