Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]Some orc/demon/
New project im working on
some sort of orc or demon or whatever
still very early in the design process, and i think il spend a fair bit of time smoothing this one out, doing finer and neater detail, more realistic overall

It will need something to make it stand out, a piece of armour on the side, maybe some battle scars, maybe both. i dunno.
still not set on the colors either, i think the green is pretty lame

im worried about my stuff getting a bit repetative in terms of the general mapping/theme, so im open to suggestions with this one, feel free to include sketches and edits, will consider everything

used photoshop and a wacom bamboo pen
Last edited by BenDover; Feb 2, 2013 at 09:45 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Decided to go with Axe from Dota2
working on finishing up the basic shading on the face and will work outwards
I like it. Looking on the wiki, he doesn't look that wrinkly, lol. I'm sure it'll look better once you pass the 'basic shading' phase, good work.
yeah, ingame model is pretty smooth, doing my own take on him though, a bit more realistic.

looking at it after a bit of a break, the mouth area could be widened a bit and the chin drawn further down to counter the spheres pinching towards the bottom.
might just be the screenshot though, freecam seems to do funny things with the shape of the sphere when you change the angle.
also might just be the beards mapping on the sphere bringing it all it.

also considering turning this into a portrait, think its time i branched out from texturing.

changing my mind so much with this piece
The mouth shading looks awkward compared to the rest of the shading.
I like it more than most of your heads though since it's quite a bit less sketchier.
I love that style of art, it's similar to what level makers use in Happy Wheels.
The only thing I suggest is making the nose smaller.

small update
filling out areas
removed beard for now, will leave that for last
Originally Posted by Dothgar View Post
The mouth shading looks awkward compared to the rest of the shading.
I like it more than most of your heads though since it's quite a bit less sketchier.

mouth didnt have any shading done at the time, was just the base mapping, looks a bit better now, still not finished tho, looks a bit moustache-like still
Last edited by BenDover; Sep 17, 2012 at 07:44 PM.
new update
moving on from the axe idea, just a general orc/demon/thing
getting the feel for the flames sort of, about half way done with the flames
thoughts?
not a fan of the scar/symbol under the ear, just looks like a normal scar... make it bright and white and stuff, glowing curse scar or something?