Toribash
Original Post
[Solved] Raytracing
I've got something pretty intresting here

I haven't seen this kind of bug on the forums, and this was the first time I experienced it, so I thought I'd post it here.
It only appears like this when raytracing is on, it works fine without it.Also haven't changed any driver settings, just started up toribash and it was like this.

I am running toribash 4.0 on an ati HD6950(6970 fully unlocked bios, so basically a 6970.), and with the 12.8 catalyst version.
0x6869706F7469626F72
When i look at the Uke's head, It looks like there is a flame, same with the foot, Try turning off your flames.
WHO SAID I WAS HUMAN? I'LL KICK THEIR ASS!
Its not quite like a flame, I see it more like a bugged ghost. Press "V" to confirm if its the ghost or not.
㋡ My TB A$AP Homies ㋡
[PS4 - Xx_MeekMill_xX]
Nope, it is not the ghost neither the flame, it has to do something with the raytracing. I see it working, the reflections on my head only, and the colour of the joints in the reflection look normal(not the textures though).
0x6869706F7469626F72
I think he means the tori's themselves. Look at the tori's then look at the reflection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
I think he means the tori's themselves. Look at the tori's then look at the reflection.

Maybe I am just kinda tired, but you got me really confused now. I should look at the tori's what? What reflection should I look at? I just don't understand.
0x6869706F7469626F72
It's the ATI driver, 12.8 is broken, 12.7 was broken.

12.6 & 12.3 are the last versions that worked correctly. Too many bugs in newer one to be worth using.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
It's the ATI driver, 12.8 is broken, 12.7 was broken.

12.6 & 12.3 are the last versions that worked correctly. Too many bugs in newer one to be worth using.

thanks, I will try the older ones, however it has been working fine with this driver for like a month.
Last edited by GamerDaPro; Oct 20, 2012 at 12:36 PM.
0x6869706F7469626F72
There is always the possibility you might have slightly screwed the card by unlocking it.
("slightly" as it can be undone & shouldn't cause any physical damage)

Pretty much a lottery doing so, and the odds of having a 6950 with the same number of fully functioning stream processors as a 6970 is extremely low - there's a reason the chip ended up on the card it's on, and given that there's not been a shortage I can't see ATI/AMD re-purposing fully functional highend chips onto a lower end card.

But at the same time you may have scored lucky. None the less scrap the new drivers, they're shite. Stick with stable ones.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
There is always the possibility you might have slightly screwed the card by unlocking it.
("slightly" as it can be undone & shouldn't cause any physical damage)

Pretty much a lottery doing so, and the odds of having a 6950 with the same number of fully functioning stream processors as a 6970 is extremely low - there's a reason the chip ended up on the card it's on, and given that there's not been a shortage I can't see ATI/AMD re-purposing fully functional highend chips onto a lower end card.

But at the same time you may have scored lucky. None the less scrap the new drivers, they're shite. Stick with stable ones.

I don't understand it either, but I think I am one of the lucky ones, I bought this card not much after it has come out, it was around two years ago, and it worked fine with the new bios, and it is still fine while being overclocked(950mhz) so far.

Also yeah, it was the drivers. I installed 12.3, and it is working again.

Thanks for your support.
0x6869706F7469626F72