Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Thank you, Fate.
I saw Fate's latest drawing, which was awesome.
Because I thought it had a lot of potential I decided to try and help her out a bit.
To help out I had to grab my tablet, now I'm addicted to it again!

I'll draw this character to thank Fate and for general fun.
Keep posted because I'll update this thread once I progress ;]

Here are the WiPs:

Last edited by AlphasoniK; Nov 4, 2012 at 10:22 PM.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
I suggest to make a slenderman out of it with night background or make it look like you light with lamp at slenderman and he's bend over behind a wall
See my mug , it'll probably turn the flowers black
Haha!
Slenderman is way thinner though :P

I'm having lots of troubles with the hand at the moment but I'll figure it out.
I'm an artist.
proportions and shaping in general needs alot of work, going back to character design has opened up a whole new can of worms.
starting from the bottom:
needs a line for the hamstrings connect to the back of the calf, its not essential for the concept stages, but i noticed it and its bothering me
he needs hips, not just a curve above the bum
torso needs to be lengthened a bit, his abs wont fit under the ribcage
shoulder looks dislocated and hanging forward, pull it up a bit and add a line for the pec joining the shoulder
the back/shoulder muscles that pop up from the back would then be pulled closer to the neck
and he has no neck, lol

-but basically just dislocated shoulder and no hips.

alot of small changes, its the reason i havent gotten back into character studies again, im way too finicky on the small details

arm length and shape looks good though, which is surprising from some of the other small things, its usually the part people stuggle with the most.

maybe theres just not enough detail yet, base sketches were always a clusterfuck on my work, so i cant relate.

if youre looking to simply certain aspects of the anatomy, i suggest exaggerating certain key lines
but i am a strong believer of doing it right the first time round, then working on simplifying.
Last edited by BenDover; Oct 20, 2012 at 11:53 PM.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
U should make those guys from the circus thats muscley and has a mustache and lift weights and they were does tight clothes =]
l AOD founder l
Reflexz Co founder
Ah BenD, thanks.
It's a quick sketch I did from looking at my body, that's probably why the arm looks better than the rest, since I cannot see that.

I'm not sure about your advice about the shoulder though, I'm mostly not that fond of the blocky shoulders so I lowered it a bit on purpose (going for a bit of a triangle shape).
But since I haven't done the other arm, I guess it looks a bit awkward since I didn't fill up the chest with pecs etc.
I'll draw some guidelines to make it a bit more clear.

I'll go make his torso a bit taller, I'm not sure what hamstrings are.
I'm an artist.
The hamstrings are the muscles in the back part of your thigh.

Also, the head shape looks awkward to me, but that's probably just me.

I'm liking this though. Looking forward to seeing another update.
Last edited by Faint; Oct 21, 2012 at 08:11 PM.
Ah okay, thanks for clearing that up.
I knew it was a muscle but had no idea where.
I thought those were the calves.
Not very important since I plan on giving him jeans.

The head probably looks awkward because he looks down a little bit and because he is pretty muscular (makes the head look a bit small).
If you want I can draw some guidelines on it, I'm a bit busy with college at the moment, though.
I'm an artist.