Toribash
Original Post
[Solved] Problems with Multiplayer
Hi , I left toribash a year ago, but last day Iīve downloaded it, iīve installed it , and it worked for the Free Play , and Tutorial , but as soon as I clicked at Multiplayer , windows showed a message saying that tb.exe wasnīt working (tb.exe dejó de funcionar , in spanish as im from Argentina)

Iīve read lots of threads with " solutions " but nothing works for my pc :/
Itīs a lap-top , with a Family graphics video , and 4gb ram .. I know it ainīt the best video, but still, a year ago i could run toribash at a lap-top with no video card xD

Iīve already done the Firewall exeptions for tb.exe and toribash.exe, iīve already downloaded some "updaters" por my windows ( which is 7 home basic)
and other things I saw on support threads

The only way i can play Miltiplayer, is to go to desktop , right clic, graphic properties and change the colour from 32 , to 16 bits ( wich doesnīt make playing a good experience) And although i can play Multiplayer , i cant see the fight well, cos a lot of vertical orange lines disturb :/

OH just noticed that if I minimize the game , tb.exe stops working too

my Stderr , is some times blank , or says :

parse_custom no op found HAIR0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR0 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
' in file custom/ncuit/item.dat
parse_custom no op found HAIR1 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR1 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
parse_custom no op found HAIR2 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR2 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
parse_custom no op found HAIR3 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR3 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
parse_custom no op found HAIR4 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR4 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
parse_custom no op found HAIR5 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
load_customs failed to parse 'HAIR5 0; 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Sorry for the gramar , and please help me :/
1.you're opening multiplayer too early,when something is loading.
2.put the card back.
3.no need for updaters,use a different kind of grahpic card or try putting the file to a better version of the game.
4.the graphics are too low,revealing the detail of how it works,try putting medium graphics on the game.
5.try canceling full screen.
6.you have no custom on your tori i believe.
私の顔にそれを言う。
Ammm, i think im not opening the multiplayer too early , I mean, Iīve made 3 replays before clicking at Multiplayer

I cant change my video card , itīs not on my plans , and itīll be a waste of manoey , and i really dont know what could be a "better" version of the game , i tryed 4.1 , 3.9 , 3.8 and now i have 3.7

In this version of the game there is no "medium" for the graphics , but from all the graphics i marked all exept for BckgroudClic , Fullscreen , Shaders , and ray traceing... and if i mark shaders and ray traceing , its the same...

and no , iīve got no custom xD
Last edited by Ncuit; Oct 22, 2012 at 05:35 AM.
3.8 & 3.7 wont work, and only some versions of 3.9 will. Online servers changed.

4.2 is current, get that, then read the FAQ on firewalls etc.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
ok , iīve downloaded the 4.2 ... did the firewall exeptions ... medium graphics ... not full screen ... played Free Play for a while, then clicked at Multi Player , now toribash.exe doesnīt work

new stderr:

Extensions for bump mapping unsupported
Raytracing not supported
Buffer 0 is dimensions 320 175
Buffer 1 is dimensions 2048 2048
the bump map won't work for you,sorry,but other people will see it when this is fixed.
raytrace will not wildly affect,but will leave some bright shines and light on the tori,it might be the other way(dark stuff on the game).the buffers will drastically affect this.that might be the problem.if it does not buffer it will freeze and stay there without loading.but your buffer has a little,it can load but you can still work.
the extensions are the things that support or help the customs.if it's not supported your tori won't look like anything(to you).try something that doesn't put so much lag for the buffer to work better.
if it fully does not work try just using your notepad and write yourself a design.(only legal if you have problems.)if it works try yourself a little of other people's customs,they will still have theirs.just don't keep it it's illegal.you don't really need bumpmap support right now,you don't have enough TC for that yet.the third mapping extension needs same.
私の顔にそれを言う。
OH, OH OH, a crash when you clicked MP eh? In that case:

Originally Posted by SkulFuk
This issue is exclusive to Intel GFX on Windows 64 bit - more specifically with the newer drivers.

Using older drivers is advised since new ones are complete garbage.[/B] ~SF

And:

Originally Posted by SkulFuk
It's not for us to fix, it's an Intel issue. Good news is that Windows 8 drivers are confirmed as working, bad news is that means it's unlikely that they'll bother fixing it for older OS'.

Intel drivers, they suck.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
so basically .. my laptop can't run toribash...
-----
well i can play with the 16 bit config , but i see a lot of vertical white lines ( sry , they werenīt orange)
Last edited by Ncuit; Oct 23, 2012 at 06:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
follow what skulfuk said.i bet you didn't do it.the drivers and graphic cards together will help.but the lines won't bother you since the whole game is white without shaders.
私の顔にそれを言う。
sorry, I did not understand what he meant,now that i re-read it I'm looking for old drivers on the Internet, itdoesnīt seems easy haha
-----
in addition , I discovered i can put the graphics at 16 bits , enter MultiPlayer , and then put them back to 32 , just still haveing that white lines problem xD
Last edited by Ncuit; Oct 24, 2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump