Original Post
[tex] Noir Robotic

#WIP 1

#wip2

made in GIMP+PS CS5
Size:512X512
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
the sketch is pretty nice but the shading is too simple and the black lines make it look cartoonish.
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
Sketch is awesome, but the lines on the latest draft look way too shaky, and the shading is pretty lackluster. Assuming you use Gimp, try using the Path tool to get outlines instead of the Brush. It makes it 10x as smooth, and there's some good potential in this head.
Ok so... Go back to the sketch, add a basicly color to it ( NO SHADING, JUST COLOR) now make new layer, take very big round brush, very dark color(but not black!!!) low opacity(5-15%), low hardness(0%) now brush above the plate, make sure you brush under the plate aswell, the closer to the plate the more you brush, the more far away the lesser. K now take thr eraser, 30% opacity and 100% hardness now gradually erase the "black" color you used from the plate leaving only the so called"shadow". Done you jusy made a home made shadow!!! Same thing for highlights but with a bright color. DO NOT USE WHITE AND BLACK FOR SHADING, USE VERY BRIGHT OR VERY DARK COLORS IF THE TONE YOU ARE USING, BUT NOT BLACK AND WHITE!!!! You just learned the basics of shading.
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Thanks for the advice Cer
i'll do it on weekend
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you