Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[Art]Pure Chaos Logo
I Still making,i just use the Gimp 2.8

Initial Model

''1.0"

Final

Last edited by Thasainz; Nov 6, 2012 at 04:34 PM.
Kratos
Boring and bland. There is nothing clean or anything nice to look at. Try some tutorials and look at others art.

Also, not logotypes- they are round banners :|
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
freelancer has never been good with newcomers to arty stuff.
dont get so caught up on it not being exactly the definition of a logo, we've had worse.

an ok base, your understanding of gimp seems ok

design is nothing particularly new or innovative, and the font and blending options on the font are horrible
the colours in v2.0 look dull and boring, prefer the setup you were using in the initial sketch. desaturated colours dont often work, and that watery blue is no exception.
the circle around the blue is also quite pixelated.

keep working and im sure youll improve
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
you need to never use the emboss or bumpmap tool, ever again. it's a cheap way out of doing work and it looks amateur at best
shmevin eats smegma
Don't listen to bostaff, he is a dumbass. Some of the greatest artists and designers use bevel and emboss. It doesn't matter what it takes to get there, but the final product is what matters. Just don't use it on the text and stuff, doesn't look right. Keep working at it and you will get better. Once again. Don't listen to what BoStaff says. Use them all you want.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
An example use of bevel and emboss by me:
http://zenith-designs.com/files/eoslogo.png

It's hard to make it look good and you should not use it until you've familiarized yourself with basic art. Just my thought.
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Done,4.0 finished, sorry for the error on the lower

-----
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
An example use of bevel and emboss by me:
http://zenith-designs.com/files/eoslogo.png

It's hard to make it look good and you should not use it until you've familiarized yourself with basic art. Just my thought.

Yes it my first logo using this model. i'l improve.
Last edited by Thasainz; Nov 5, 2012 at 07:05 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Kratos
Well this is pure chaos, you got these white pixelated edges which you should try to avoid at all costs. Text is often hard to get right, but try to steer away from those basic fonts they rarely look good in this setting.

At least it looks like you are trying and experimenting rather than just pushing images out.

The 3rd version was actually pretty decent if you look away from the text.
Woh very nice logo , but you trolled me on last spoiler >:
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
Originally Posted by Beta View Post
Don't listen to bostaff, he is a dumbass. Some of the greatest artists and designers use bevel and emboss. It doesn't matter what it takes to get there, but the final product is what matters. Just don't use it on the text and stuff, doesn't look right. Keep working at it and you will get better. Once again. Don't listen to what BoStaff says. Use them all you want.

i'm talking about the preset tool in most art programs

doing it manually is the way to go
shmevin eats smegma