Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
[MUS] Into Space
working on this here

programs used: FL 10, NI Massive, Sugar Bytes WOW Filter, and various other vst's

update:
https://soundcloud.com/its-alive/into-space-wip5
Last edited by boStaff; Feb 8, 2013 at 05:16 PM.
shmevin eats smegma
gj bo.
you've got a good track going here. i can see its not your first time around.
good hooks, and interesting melodic phrases. I haven't been around tb very long yet, have you ever posted other music? I'd love to hear more of your work.
Also looking forward to hearing this one when its completed.
Overall 9/10. Musically, your wip 10/10. Mix wise, I know it's not a finished product, but I would ease up the compression on the mix a tad. You'll gain clarity, and reduce distortion and pumping. Keep up the good work.

I'm a music producer too, but haven't posted any music yet.
I guess I might eventually. I use cubase on a Mac, sampletank,
Waves plugins, and do mostly live instrument recordings, in the rock genre.

Kind regards,

evo
rock the world, one fight at a time
The times are good as any normal song, I like that, is a mark that you know what you doing.

The beats are really nice the originality is okay, but the way you made this is almost perfect

Some part on the beats are like A- and then A but without a sound, in a part that it should have the same song, it happens on the beggining, hope you understand what I try to say
Originally Posted by evorocket View Post
gj bo.
you've got a good track going here. i can see its not your first time around.
good hooks, and interesting melodic phrases. I haven't been around tb very long yet, have you ever posted other music? I'd love to hear more of your work.
Also looking forward to hearing this one when its completed.
Overall 9/10. Musically, your wip 10/10. Mix wise, I know it's not a finished product, but I would ease up the compression on the mix a tad. You'll gain clarity, and reduce distortion and pumping. Keep up the good work.

I'm a music producer too, but haven't posted any music yet.
I guess I might eventually. I use cubase on a Mac, sampletank,
Waves plugins, and do mostly live instrument recordings, in the rock genre.

Kind regards,

evo

thanks!

i've learned a lot of stuff from Jusmi, and he's been showing me how to mix and master... i'm not very good. thanks for the cnc

my soundcloud is here but i tend to delete a lot of old work to save space. currently i'm trying to get on Caliber Music, once my mastering skills are a little better

i'd like to hear some of your work

Originally Posted by LatinBlade View Post
The times are good as any normal song, I like that, is a mark that you know what you doing.

The beats are really nice the originality is okay, but the way you made this is almost perfect

Some part on the beats are like A- and then A but without a sound, in a part that it should have the same song, it happens on the beggining, hope you understand what I try to say

i'm sorry, i do not understand :/
shmevin eats smegma
Love the beginning, but the middle seemed too clustered for me to really enjoy it. Imo, shortening the middle would make it great and then pick it up after the climax of the song to add a little more of a digress, even those your was superb. Loved it all in all.
8/10, I need to learn to do this, YT activate.
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
The song gets a bit muddy as soon as the main bassline kicks in. Too many skanks going on. It needs to pop more if you're making a glitch hop track.

If you haven't already done so, take that massive patch, and copy it to another channel for sub bass. All you have to do is head to the EQ on the module and drop the high pass. set it as a lowpass or daft filter, drop whatever distortion you threw on it, and you're set to have nice nice sub bass copy of that lead. Makes it a tad more dynamic. If you did, increase the volume of the channel. Monitors arent picking much of it up.
ALSO

8/10 for the track. It was magical.
Last edited by LagSwitch; Feb 3, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
NOODLE ARMS
Originally Posted by LagSwitch View Post
The song gets a bit muddy as soon as the main bassline kicks in. Too many skanks going on. It needs to pop more if you're making a glitch hop track.

If you haven't already done so, take that massive patch, and copy it to another channel for sub bass. All you have to do is head to the EQ on the module and drop the high pass. set it as a lowpass or daft filter, drop whatever distortion you threw on it, and you're set to have nice nice sub bass copy of that lead. Makes it a tad more dynamic. If you did, increase the volume of the channel. Monitors arent picking much of it up.
ALSO

8/10 for the track. It was magical.

i've already done all of that

i just have a lot of things playing at once, i cleaned up and EQ'd a lot of it

on a side note it seems i'm really good at making kick drums but snares are evil
Last edited by boStaff; Feb 4, 2013 at 02:43 AM.
shmevin eats smegma
If you're going to be making a hard snare it's usually best to use 3 separate snares, usually it's best (for harder snares) to use 3 or so samples, keeping one for the sub (pretty hard compressor with slow attack ~30 ms) and then use a 2nd snare for the basis of it (fast attack compressor ~5-15 ms and a hint of reverb) then a 3rd sample to more bring out the full top end of the sound with some compression but not much but more reverb then the 2nd sample. Make sure each is EQed to not crossover too much but still some so they feel together (or not it's your track) and then another hint of slow attack compression for the final output so they sound like one snare, then use whatever drum processing you use past that, that part's up to you. That's just how I make my harder snares it's not necessarily right but I think it works quite well for harder stuff.

Anyway nice I wasn't expecting glitch hop stuff from this. Very well arranged and quite thought out. I can tell this isn't a first.
Helen Keller would be speechless if she could see this.