Ranking
Original Post
[TEX] Realistic/Anime Head
This is one of my first heads, and my first semi-realistic tex.

Looking for tips and comments as I progress.

Will likely re-do hair lines.

WIP(s):

Previous

Final

Last edited by Deuteria; Feb 11, 2013 at 10:21 PM.
The way you smudged the hair on the sides makes it look like the skin is coming above the hair. I think you should add some shadow under the hair near those areas.
Looks like you've been practising, but you should do what slycooper said

You can also put a white/black gradient in overlay from top to bottom to give it a nice look.
I think it would look better with a face! ^^

Seriously, though, the hair border looks great around the top, but I can see you got a little lazy towards the bottom. Also, that little extruding bit of hair looks... odd to me.
Also, I'm not sure I like the look of the hair itself, the realism that shows on the skin-hair border simply isn't there.
I keep leaving for extended periods of time and coming back to an almost entirely new playerbase...
The shaded region represents the area under the hair which has been lifted. Thus, there is a shadow underneath it. I'll give what you have said a go, but I'm not sure if it would be beneficial.

Possibly just defining the hair strands more would serve as a better alternative.

Is this how you meant? I think I will try lighter shadowing though, as the fringe looks shortened in-game due to the shading.

Shadow

The eyes don't really match the rest of it, but I'm not sure of what else I could attempt.

I think I'll try something with a bit more flare after this..
Last edited by Deuteria; Feb 11, 2013 at 10:20 PM.
>realistic
>anime

choose one

i can't say i like this head, the eyes and mouth are all awkwardly drawn and it doesn't really look like a human being
shmevin eats smegma