Toribash
Original Post
Sparring With my Student?
Most people in TB know me if they hang out in most tourneys. Well, I have a student now. What a drag! Well, it's fun because he seems to be progressing though his English is not too good as he is foreign. But, I have been teaching him how to spar in running. Am I doing a good job, and what can I do to get better? This is not much of a spar as he is new and doesn't understand how to spar correctly but we are both learning. This is more of us just screwing around. But we never give up even with our head of O_o that's what makes us so crazy. He was going for the "headless chicken" effect. He'll post his replay of him beating me in spar soon on this thread as I have given him permission to do so (It was badass you have to check that replay.) Here is mine for now!
Attached Files
Sparring with Student.rpl (239.8 KB, 26 views)
Last edited by TheLunatic; Mar 15, 2013 at 09:06 AM.
I'M NOT A ****ING WIZARD!
^ Most excellent! You are a very good student too. Now let's not bump this thread without good reason. Let's see what other people think.
Last edited by TheLunatic; Mar 15, 2013 at 07:16 PM.
Your sparring is wrong. Your'e suppose to turn off the dismemberment. You need to stay on your feet more and when you kick, don't extend. If you have enough momentum relaxing the knee will look better. Oh and when Lunatic decapped the student. Never grab. Thats it. I hope you improve on your sparring with this advice.
Like I said, it's not really a spar. I have no idea why he was grabbing and acting like a zombified fish. We mainly did it for fun and we are both learning. Thank you for the tips. However I have seen spars where people don't stay on their feet. I'll be sure to turn off dismember next time. Is there any way I can turn off grab?
Last edited by TheLunatic; Mar 27, 2013 at 07:53 PM.
2 of them are terrible... I am not trying to be mean

The first 1, Short, Not balenced, messy, and when the head was ripped off he was still moving so unrealistic

2nd one isnt a spar at all

You just kicked eachother in half and that was it
And you had alot of unrealistic stuff in the spar

0/10

Get better

To set off grab put flags to 4
-----
Originally Posted by slicer121 View Post
2.5 stars you didnt stay on your feet and dont decap in a spar and not enough contact

Actually if you have dismember on you can decap in a spar

Sprytryne did a spar and it was great

The last part was he punched him to the ground jumped and split him

It looked so good
Last edited by Lushsmoke; Mar 27, 2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I'm ready for my daily dose of cringe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't control what he does. He spazzed out like a fish for some reason after I decapped him. Second one, I did not cut him in half. He did however kick my body in half. We wern't exactly going for realism I was teaching him some things. However, these were the closest possible thing I could get to spars at the time since he knows nothing about sparring really. 2 is all we have so yeah, that's both of them.

Your comment - 0/10. Learn your stuff, maybe read past comments before trying to criticize and insult the person and don't talk about other people's replays on this thread. And yes, I have been getting better. Sparring often has to be done correctly from both sides, not just one sided.