Toribash
Original Post
[Art] Cave
Not done by me, but done from someone I know (known as PRIME elsewhere, not here though)

Cave

would like some comments that I could give to him and stuff.

Program used was Photoshop CS6 on a mac, Using... god dammit i'll get back to you on what tablet he used.
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
Light is confusing me... Am I looking into the cave or from the cave? It seams like its the look from the cave toward the entrance, but then, light around the cave exit/entrance is not good.

Also, abused smudge tool is either his style or he's trying to cover his lack of overall details in the image. Where is that nice stone/limestone texture on those rocks? they look like marbles with smudge...

On the other hand, colors are nice (if we overlook the sudden pass from one color to another on walls, where he lost his patience with image and finished it quickly).

Water looks a bit strange with that glow on parts where it shouldn't have it (this is why lightning is confusing me so I'm not sure on which part of cave am i, on entrance or inside it...) and doesn't really look like water (little falls do to some extent)...

Its just too smudgy. Liquefied too much.
''After the showers is the sun.
Will be shining...''
still as a first impression, i think the cave is really gud. I really like it.
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy.
Originally Posted by Django77 View Post
Light is confusing me... Am I looking into the cave or from the cave? It seams like its the look from the cave toward the entrance, but then, light around the cave exit/entrance is not good.

Also, abused smudge tool is either his style or he's trying to cover his lack of overall details in the image. Where is that nice stone/limestone texture on those rocks? they look like marbles with smudge...

On the other hand, colors are nice (if we overlook the sudden pass from one color to another on walls, where he lost his patience with image and finished it quickly).

Water looks a bit strange with that glow on parts where it shouldn't have it (this is why lightning is confusing me so I'm not sure on which part of cave am i, on entrance or inside it...) and doesn't really look like water (little falls do to some extent)...

Its just too smudgy. Liquefied too much.

and i can actually answer you on the lighting right now, you're looking from the cave to the exit. Yeah I know he uses smudge tool a lot, but that's actually kinda part of his style. Also, thanks for the C&C.
I like it, it is creative and simplistic, the smudge tool was used properly in my opinion. The water effect on it is nice especially the way it shines off of the sunlight. Is their a backstory to it?
9/10
Alive and Kicking again, [SECRET], former artist, I lose all my matches.
nope, no backstory. He just felt like it.
Its rather odd, but tell him he did a good job with it.

Experience