Toribash
Original Post
Is it right for parents to hit/use physical pain for kids?
I myself have experienced this quite a number of times. When I make my mother really pissed off, she tends to get so mad and starts slapping me across the face. Sometimes she even tells me, "Are you tough?" "Do you want to fight back?" "Can you live without me?" and I keep wondering if it's right for her to do this. I've talked to some friends from the online games I play(I don't like discussing this stuff with my cousins or other relatives) and some of them have told me, "Just don't do stuff that make her mad." and as much as I try to do that, I'm only human and being a teenager, it's normal for me to mess up big time since adolescence is the stage where we people discover ourselves and experience a lot of things. I just get really bothered by the fact that she can just use those slaps and threats whenever she gets pissed at me. I know there are a whole lot of other kids out there whose parents even use objects like belts and sticks to hurt the them. The way I see it, they shouldn't do that, nor have the right to. What's gonna happen to the kid is that he/she is gonna associate his/her troublemaking with the punishment. As a result, they won't be staying out of trouble to be good, they will stay out of trouble because they're afraid to be punished, causing them to live with a little bit of fear whenever they do something with friends, try something new, and other activities. Hitting the child gives the parents the ability to control their kids out of fear.
I wanna know what you guys think.
a spoon.
Weird we just discussed this in school not a long time ago, well sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong, it's a way parents discipline their kids if they had gone too far, for example, Their child broke the house rules many times so they need to disciplined so they spank etc.. them so they will stop doing it, but if they do it for no reason, my I call it child abuse.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Lol, I used to get in fist fights with my moms boyfriend... I suppose that's different because he's not a parent, so much worse in a sense, specially since it was all out fist fight.

I think it's alright depending on the situation, learn to take pain, grow up with it, most likely your parents got handled physically when they were a kid. Life is harsh. You can either do nothing wrong or stand up and fight back (If it's your mom, don't hit her -.- common sense).

Now if it is your Step Parent, then they have no right to touch you and they shouldn't. Still happens, but you can do something more about it.

Discipline needs to still be implemented, can't pamper children too much.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
Originally Posted by Bulletron View Post
When I make my mother really pissed off, she tends to get so mad and starts slapping me across the face. Sometimes she even tells me, "Are you tough?" "Do you want to fight back?" "Can you live without me?"

Apologies, but.. Wow, what a cunt.
But anyway, I would have to agree with smosh here. Physical discipline isn't a bad thing, but it does have it's limits. And even though it is (most of the time) using fear as an advocate to good behavior, sometimes there's just not much else to do.
I say this, of course, for it to be used in retaliation to something bad the keeps on happening. I don't really think it should be used for something along the lines of accidents or small instances, etc..
This is just the way I look at it so it's possible some people are gonna disagree with me. But I think it's just wrong the way parents use pain to teach their kids a lesson. I see it as a way of taking out their anger on the kids and it teaches them that it's okay to hit others or even their own future children.
a spoon.
See that bridge? Now get over it.

White people make big deals out of everything. We asians, specifically brown asians, get beaten up or get scolded all the time by our parents, until early twenties. That's why we don't turn out to be sissies. Imagine those chinese kung fu parents beating their children. They are all obedient for obvious reasons.

Go out with friends, have fun and don't let such trivial things affect you. Getting beaten only makes you tougher. Or you can go to some kind of anti child abuse service, which will only make things worse between you and your mom.

/thread
Last edited by Hero; Apr 24, 2013 at 08:26 AM.
Lmao Hero so you were kung fu'd untill your early twenties? But I know what you mean, I'm black myself and I can't lie, my mom did not hold back but I don't hold it against her. I know it's not easy for a woman to raise 3 kids alone and we were annoying as fuck, I'm not going to do the same to my kids but it's important that you try to understand your mom's or dad's postion. Something I would like to point out is that we talk about it so casually but it's no laughing matter when it does happen, it hurts like ****
piratez
As long as you aren't in critical condition there's nothing wrong with some hand to hand discipline. Think of it in toribash for example, player gets warned 29 times then gets hit (muted) afterwards claims power abuse. Some of them act like untamed animals until you show them who's boss even if they cry about it afterwards. In a shorter form, the simple fact remains that if they were capable of respecting the warning, then there would be no need for any thing other than ''cut that out'' so apparently you needed to be kept in check.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
THIS IS NOT FORKING RIGHT INSTEAD OF HITTING THE CHILDREN WHY NOT JUST TALK TO THEM. Well in India the parents beat up their children before (true)