Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Random Light-Headed Feeling?
Anyone ever feel like they're dizzy or light headed for no apparent reason? I suppose the only thing I can equate it to is being drunk. Although, I don't want to bring up alcohol and drugs just keep it at light-headed and dizzy.

Anyways, I'm feeling it now, and it'll happen to me probably once every 4-5 months? I just know I've experienced this a few times before.
Could be your blood pressure?
Or if you were blowing up balloons, but I really doubt this.

What activities or non-occasional things have you been doing?
don't talk to me or my dudes ever again
Hmm, not really. I golfed today but I do that every other day. Besides, that's not strenuous at all. After that, I came home and did homework until I had to drive to campus to work on a group project. I stated feeling it like 10-15min after getting home from that. Really just a typical boring night. Still feeling it by the way... not really complaining. It's sorta fun. Just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced it.
-----
Originally Posted by Hobo View Post
Could be your blood pressure?
Or if you were blowing up balloons, but I really doubt this.

Well I'm 16 so it's plausible? But I really doubt it. I'm about 5'7" 155lbs.

No balloons sadly.
Last edited by JayStar; Apr 25, 2013 at 05:11 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
How long does the feeling last? Does your vision become sparkly/narrow? Does it sound as if you are hearing things through a tunnel?
Hoss.
I have that feeling, like a couple of seconds you're feeling dizzy, and now it's gone, I cant explain it really, maybe some shit happening lately like the smoke coming out of cars are causing the dizziness.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
How long does the feeling last? Does your vision become sparkly/narrow? Does it sound as if you are hearing things through a tunnel?

It lasts like 10-15min, I guess it depends. Sometimes it lasts longer, sometimes shorter. It seems my field of view is lessened but my vision isn't impaired at all. Again, I get the same feeling when drunk/high. Not sure what you mean by hearing in a tunnel... everything sounds normal I guess unless I just didn't notice a difference.

Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
I have that feeling, like a couple of seconds you're feeling dizzy, and now it's gone, I cant explain it really, maybe some shit happening lately like the smoke coming out of cars are causing the dizziness.

Well, it lasts much longer than a few seconds. Sounds like you have a case of vertigo. That will usually last a few moments. It has nothing to do with pollution, it is just something you're born with (I believe).
Originally Posted by JayStar View Post
It lasts like 10-15min, I guess it depends. Sometimes it lasts longer, sometimes shorter. It seems my field of view is lessened but my vision isn't impaired at all. Again, I get the same feeling when drunk/high. Not sure what you mean by hearing in a tunnel... everything sounds normal I guess unless I just didn't notice a difference.

The field of view thing makes me suspect it being blood pressure related. Does it occur after you get up after a period of sitting/laying down or after you do anything specific?

It sounds like elongated orthostasis.
Hoss.
Originally Posted by boStaff View Post
it's normal with teenagers

you'll probably grow out of it

I'm not going to doubt you. Some of my friends have told me they've felt similar things. Can you provide some sort of source? I'm just curious about this. I've always wondered about it.

Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
The field of view thing makes me suspect it being blood pressure related. Does it occur after you get up after a period of sitting/laying down or after you do anything specific?

It sounds like elongated orthostasis.

Well, it happened after I drove 10min to work on a computer for 40min then drive 10min back. But I sit just as long or longer in some classes anyhow. It only seems to happen at random times.

Looked up "elongated orthostasis" but I didn't find anything on it specifically. However, I found some information on Orthostatic hypotention (a.k.a postural hypotention). It says that a main symptom is a "light-headed feeling" , "confusion", and "blurry vision".

Most likely this is what I experience; because it says some causes are "too much time in the sun" and "dehydration". The site also says that infrequent experiences are of no concern. Considering I was out golfing all day and had no water. I'd say this is it.

Thanks for the insight Hyde. I was never worried about it but I find it better to know what's going on with me.