Ranking
Original Post
Socket WSA Error 10060
Why am I getting this error, and how do I fix it?
-----
Oops, wrong thread. .-.
Last edited by Sparta; Jun 9, 2013 at 04:03 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
So yeah, I've been experiencing this error daily. It appears around 23:30 GMT +1 (I think) and stays for about 15 min. If I had to guess, I'd guess on daily server restarts but if there's a fix I would love to know.
Last edited by Hattersin; Jun 10, 2013 at 07:56 AM.
PM me with any and all questions
WSA error 10060 is a connection timeout.

It can be caused by many things: firewall, your ISP throttling, having a generally slow connection, the TB servers being dead - which they aren't atm, using a proxy (yes proxies cause it), other stuff eating your bandwith etc

If none of the above apply you can cure it with a Windows registry hack increasing the timeout period.
Info on doing that can be found here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q191143/

Well I can say directly that it's not the firewall or connections. I'll check the timeout though.
PM me with any and all questions
But this happens to me as well at the same time stated by hattersin.
But its happens to me like 4 times a day.
My internet connection is good so there is no reason for tb to have a connection timeout.
damn im gettin old
I would say it is a server side issue, anyways tried the registry thing some weeks ago besides updating the new client and seems to work better. Yet I get this error sometimes and fixes itself in a couple of minutes. The times are completely random, it's not like the error appears around a certain hour.