Ranking
Original Post
bump map texture help
So, I just purchased the head bump map texture and uploaded my normal map, however, it seems to have no effect.

my normal map is correctly made (like in this image), yet it shows no effect at all in the game. are bump maps disabled globally or something? I've checked my settings, and they are enabled there.
Go to options and go to advance and theres a feature that says bump-maping click it will work

don't help people, please
Last edited by siku; Jun 13, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
Originally Posted by mornedil View Post
I've checked my settings, and they are enabled there.

^
Last edited by mornedil; Jun 13, 2013 at 02:45 PM.
Your welcome if you have anymore question pm me

don't help people, please
Last edited by siku; Jun 13, 2013 at 09:16 PM.
For all the lovers out there. You don't know what love is, till you lose it. </3
dude, you didn't read the OP properly. I said right from the start that they are enabled there, but it's STILL not working.
@30001068
Please don't be that guy. I said in the OP that the texture was correctly made, and I gave an example image. this is the third reply you make without reading, even after I corrected you twice.

Can I get help from someone else please?

is bump mapping working for anyone else?
-----
okay.. so I did a test in multiplayer. tested a plain grayish head texture with this normal map as head bumpmap texture:

And I asked people what my head looked like.
nobody saw the pattern that the normal map was supposed to create, they all said they only saw a grayish color.
Is bumpmapping broken? I can't recall that I've ever seen bump maps on anyone.
Last edited by mornedil; Jun 13, 2013 at 03:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
They're less visible with shaders, and even less so with RTRT.

Check out Tertywerty's tori to see bumps in action.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
RTRT? what's that?

and.. it's not just barely visible, it's not visible at all. 100% completely invisible. The test texture I used is a very, very bumpy texture (most likely used for the metal hull of a space station or something)

Here's how the test texture I posted above is supposed to look on just a single colored sphere, and how it looks in a 3D modelling software:

Here is how it looks in toribash:

only the head texture item is seen, and the bump head texture item is not seen at all.
I've tried with shaders, without shaders. I've pretty much tried anything that could affect the bump. Is there something I'm missing?

Edit:

Okay, I found Tertywerty's topic where he showed his bumpmaps, and at the bottom of his post I saw this:

Originally Posted by tertywerty
note, bumpmap textures are broken in the latest beta

I have the latest version (unless a new version was released the last week =p), does this mean they are simply broken?
Last edited by mornedil; Jun 14, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
bumpmaps don't work in the current version

Toribash version 3.94 works

bumpmap

I can put it in a rar for you and upload it if you want

hampa really needs to fix it :c
Last edited by tertywerty; Jun 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM.

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it