Ranking
Original Post
[ART] Logo for Youtube/Skype
Hey, was messing around in Gimp for a little bit and ended up making this.

CnC would be great

B- Butler153 (Gamer Name - Might get a name change to Vermix)

V- Vermix (Main Gamer Name)
Last edited by Butler; Jun 15, 2013 at 11:36 PM.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
Looks nice, I feel as if the "fire parts" could have a bit more glow to it, the blue just kinda seems to actually be in place, but the font on the text does NOT go with the logo at all.
Alive and Kicking again, [SECRET], former artist, I lose all my matches.
So I should just change the font?
If so, what font should I use? I don't know the names of any descent looking fonts..
The outter rim of this doesn't look too bad, but to be honest the whole logo in general isn't that good. The best thing to do for a logo is to make it a vector black and white logo for the start, then work from there instead of going straight from scratch to detailed. Hence my logo for BetaDesigns which I use on youtube/hackforums for art I sell... SlyCoopers logo that is once again a vector logo that's 2d of course and he uses it for youtube and any art he does if he does art etc... Same with oracle, starts out from a 2d vector logo and then you can turn it into something else. Other than that, a good start at working with Gimp.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
I used to make head textures with gimp.. I stopped using it, and after a year and a half break from it, I re-downloaded it.. Although, with this gimp 2.8 I don't even understand how to add mirror effects anymore.. Or slight shadows.. I used to do all those fancy shmancy things.. like I would create a grey block, add some shine to it, add a few light shadows, and make it look quite nice.. I forgot how to do that now..
Also, I started off with just the Black ring and V B at first, I thought it looked too plain though and I tried the glow, the glow looked quite nice to me, but then I added the fire and it didn't turn out as nice as I expected.. I wanted the whole logo to be fire and glow, not just the outside rim
Well just accept my CnC instead of countering it. Start with a 2d black/white vector logo and then move from there.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Happy Halloween!!!!!
[u]Ultimate | Team Shit-ido | National GayTerrorist Club |Photoshop Corp.
ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS ELVIS---BootyShorts
R.I.P UNDEAD21, Beta, and Assazin
So black and white vector logo, as in something like this?
A good logo isn't a complicated blob of colours or gradients and fancy effects, most of the best looking logos are the simplest.
Try using more shapes instead of more colours and effects.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak