Toribash
Original Post
[VID]Team Madman Promo Video.

Hello. Again.

I can safely say I'm one of those 'oldschool' type editers. No CC, few effects, etc. I can improve, if one had such rescources.

Anyway, here. Wip 1. 2.

Things to add:

Cc
Fix Youtube's terrible syncing problems
etc.

Will post WIPs every week. In the mean time, Cnc will be appreciated

Last edited by Nagato; Jul 6, 2013 at 04:52 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
I hated it. Excruciatingly boring, I understand you are oldschool, but you need SOME CC. The camera angles were horrible I couldn't see anything that was happening,sync was there, you used the slow mo too much. and it was laggy and pixelated. Also the drop should have been used for something MUCH different than just that ONE replay. Transitions were odd.
3/10
Hate to be the bad guy but you have potential so I'm giving advice to my fullest extent.

boStaff Moderated Message:
try not to be a dick about it next time, thanks
Last edited by boStaff; Jul 1, 2013 at 02:13 AM.
Alive and Kicking again, [SECRET], former artist, I lose all my matches.
I'm not an editor to any stretch of the imagination but I feel that half of the shots are hard to follow because you can't see the tori fighting in some scenes but that is just my opinion.
5/10 work on camera angles, and find a song that fits in with the clips a chill dubstep song doesn't really work with people getting ripped in pieces.
Only If I Could Suplex

This song has been used in like 3 other videos
Also the camera angles was poor.
I do like the fact that it wasn't a total spam of effects but a few could be in there.
Fix these and you will have yourself a nice video
[SyN][Enigma][Inquisition][CREAM][Evil]
Didn't enjoy the freecamming very much, also CC would make it look better. The replays were rather boring too.
Seems to be lacking some effects as well. Maybe some shakes to help with the sync
Also, I REALLY didn't like what you did before the drop when the song goes backwards.
The same exact thing has been done in another video.
3.5/10
Madmans don't feel like they should be put to such slow music.
Maybe that's just me but part of being a video maker is understanding which song fits with what kind of replay, and it just didn't work.
There were plenty of opportunitites to work in some very fast then very slow bits but it just didn't seem to happen.
The "old school" nature of the video was eliminated by that imo, although I see what you were trying to do.

Camera angles were another thing, try and get multiple angles, it allows for more options when syncing it, especially with a song like this - regardless of whether it fits the replay or not.

Either way, I see what you were trying to do, but I don't think it quite worked
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
definitely not the worst video we've had around here, but plenty room for improvement.

I think your using the "oldschool" style is just an excuse for not trying the current popular things, like all the CC and stuff.
practise. learn.
you can claim things are part of a style once youve proved yourself within your own style.

freecam wasnt great, the first clip was just shocking, was trying to watch tori, but was always outside the screen, that REALLY bothered me.

the songs been used one or two times, didnt bother me untill the rewinded replay, which had been used in the exact same way in one of the other vids.

CC was sorely missed i think, especially with your shader choice, not the most attractive colours, needed CC to get the colours just right.

I agree in some cases with erths comment about madman replays not fitting slow music, but it has been pulled off in the past, do it right and it doesnt matter.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Okay, thanks guys.

Well I have a different song. I haven't seen it used in a video before. Do you want me to scrap the whole video and restart?

Oh and can someone give me tips on the camera and list them please, that would me nice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Well about the camera, don't make it too close to the toris, don't make the movements too abrupt, and make it flow.

Also, just saying, but good oldschool videos use CC, even if it's minimal.
oh yeah