Toribash
Original Post
[GFX] Made a GFX after a long time
First of all, the pose isn't by me, it's from a replay by Oracle. Oracle, if you want, I will take it off.
If you're asking a question like this:
"Why is there your (my) username on if it isn't the picture from your pose?"
Simple answer: Because I can't make up something like that, and also I made it for my own desktop wallpaper that's why there's my username. Also the skin fit in very well.

Here's the portfolio version.

And here's the wallpaper.

http://i.imgur.com/EfUFXjJ.jpg

Feedback will be appreciated.

EDIT: Can a forum moderator or someone who can, fix the thread title typo? Thanks.

-amphimal
Last edited by amphimal; Jul 2, 2013 at 01:33 AM. Reason: Cleared up a bit. Added the new one.
If you want honest advice, there's not much going on. Really dark, really blurry, and it's hard to tell what's going on. No lighting effects either. And the text is kind of sloppy.
inq.
Thanks for the quick feedback.

I made it dark and blurry and I don't know why you can't see what's going on, since I can see it well. I agree about the lighting and text, I think I will modify them a bit, I saved the .psd file.

EDIT:

I made a whole new one. It's looking a lot better, check it out sham.
Last edited by amphimal; Jul 2, 2013 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Editing.
Definitely a lot better. I like the lighting, but you should try out a new text IMO as in the font.
inq.
I would recommend using a green screen or flat color shader and color-keying it out, so you don't have to try and cut out all of the white parts around him.

Go in-game, and type /lws greenscreen.inc.
type /lws default.inc to turn it back to white.
Originally Posted by sham View Post
Definitely a lot better. I like the lighting, but you should try out a new text IMO as in the font.

Thanks. I don't like that font either, but I just thought that it fits the grunge.

Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
I would recommend using a green screen or flat color shader and color-keying it out, so you don't have to try and cut out all of the white parts around him.

Go in-game, and type /lws greenscreen.inc.
type /lws default.inc to turn it back to white.

Thank you, I didn't know about that as I just got into the game. Will try that next time.
From my 1st view, everything kind of blends together and you have to actually have a look closely before realizing Tori is doing a hand stand. With the lighting, if you chose to add it to the pic, at least try to shade the Tori A LITTLE, not saying you should get pro and start shading everything and so on but a basic shade from the point of where the light is coming from would be nice. Also, I would recommend to use either force or relax when taking screenshots, not a mix of both (I usually prefer force since your Tori looks worse using relax - kind of looks weak in a way?). Going back to the pose, I don't think this one is quite suitable for a background/siggy/whatever you were trying to make, use a clearer pose where you can see what is going on and the one that symbolizes something? Power? Speed? Agility?
Sorry if I wrote too much stuff with no paragraphs whatsoever but that's just a little part of my criticism, cbf writing anything else - I pointed out the main things
Hope I helped.
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by MrGarry View Post
From my 1st view, everything kind of blends together and you have to actually have a look closely before realizing Tori is doing a hand stand. With the lighting, if you chose to add it to the pic, at least try to shade the Tori A LITTLE, not saying you should get pro and start shading everything and so on but a basic shade from the point of where the light is coming from would be nice. Also, I would recommend to use either force or relax when taking screenshots, not a mix of both (I usually prefer force since your Tori looks worse using relax - kind of looks weak in a way?). Going back to the pose, I don't think this one is quite suitable for a background/siggy/whatever you were trying to make, use a clearer pose where you can see what is going on and the one that symbolizes something? Power? Speed? Agility?
Sorry if I wrote too much stuff with no paragraphs whatsoever but that's just a little part of my criticism, cbf writing anything else - I pointed out the main things
Hope I helped.

Thanks for your feedback
Well, I hadn't been using shading on my GFX journey since I used to make backgrounds for trickshotter friends etc. but I quit all that, so I had a 2 months break. I will try that next time.
Also, I just took the pose from a replay by Oracle. I will try that next time too.