Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]Vagabond
Hi, showing off a set here that i made a couple of nights back, i know i'm stuck with this kind of texturing... I started up with head, i tried many styles of coloring and shading, but i couldn't get anything else than this style to look somewhat neat. After giving up with experimenting with different styles, i really gave up with the whole set and just made the rest hoping i could sell this for a decent sum.

So yeah, i'd really appreciate good tips about different styles of coloring and shading, because i'm rather disappointed of myself being stuck so long with this style. If only thing you have to say is: 'wow awesome', or 'lol sucks' then please don't even bother commenting. I'm quite sure there's lot of texture artists here who have had the same problem at some point, so tips on how getting over it?

Inspiration completely from Metallicas' song: Wherever May I Roam. Metallica ftw. o/
Last edited by Jodarok; Jul 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM.
It's All About Expansion
I very much like other sets that you have made but i have to say this one isnt anything compared to them. The shading is decent but the pixelly graphics around almost all the shapes make it look bad and low resolution. Not a fan of the head but i like how the key ideas to the head are kept consistent through the rest of the body. I suggest to just try moving away from the robotic style that you have and try something new. I suggest realistic human. I think you would do relatively well if you tried hard enough
phail wale
It seems like the preview makes some edges look pixelated, here's flat of thighs for an example, in the preview they seem extremely pixelated, but are not. :s

Flat just to show, not free, don't steal.

Yeah, i've been trying to get some realistic 'human-ish' style going on, i don't know anatomy that well so i've been trying some monster things, but i can't get them look decent. I guess it's just hard practicing for me!
It's All About Expansion
at first glance i see that the fists' light source were different. one had shadows on top and the other on the bottom. was this intended or just an oversight from flipping? sorry i can't really help with the shading/highlighting thing. im still in my "experimental" phase too
proud leader of [Ascend]
Head Textures
Fists are completely the same, probably just looks like that because of shaders and raytracing. Anyone else has any good tips?
It's All About Expansion