Ranking
Original Post
I need PC Specs recommendations/help
What PC specs would I need to be able to run Toribash 4.5 with the Atmospheres Script on, the graphics set to max, FPS set to 60 and while live streaming at 60fps/720p using xsplit or recording at full quality at 30fps using FRAPS?

I know i would need an i7. But that's all i know atm. Can we brainstorm in-depth specs? I don't have a money limit.

I posted here because i'm only able to hit 5-15 fps atm and it's very frustrating. For a small file size, TB eats up my PC performane. Must be the ray tracing.
Last edited by LesDuncan; Aug 16, 2013 at 09:08 PM.
Learning from the best.
The hardest performance hit is the atmospheres script, definitely. Might be worth seeing how much it can be optimized, if at all. The atmospheres script is a CPU hit, since it's lua. Can you run max graphics without the atmospheres script at 60 FPS?

Edit:

Alright. The sheer number of objects the atmospheres script wants to draw combined with RTRT is pretty insane, and that's definitely a hard GPU hit.

What comes to mind is to either cut out RTRT, or aim for the top end of the GPU and CPU market, since no amount of optimizing the Lua scripts is going to make that sort of hit go away.
Last edited by suomynona; Aug 16, 2013 at 11:13 PM.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!