Ranking
Original Post
[Art] Modeling a minicooper S (WIP)

WIP

There are some parts that aren`t even there yet, like the front and rear bumper sections, number plates, lights, blinkers and interior and more. Made in Maya 2013. I have worked on it around 12-15 hours so far. And Im easily going to spend at least 20 more hours on it.

Interested in 3d yourself? why not apply to T3al
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=469
Last edited by Ezeth; Aug 23, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
Wow looks amazing. I've researched and watched countless amounts of YouTube tutorials and read many ebooks on 3D modeling but I haven't been able to achieve anything. Pretty incredible that your a talented artist and a 3D modeller. Any reason for why you learnt how to 3D model? Where do you hope to go with it?
phail wale
I started with 3d 6 years back, had a 2 month job for a CNC company. After that I did it on a hobby basis, and switched from autocad and solid edge to Cinema 4d and now Maya. I hope I can get a job in the media area. If it is in 3d that would be amazing, but its a very tight market to get in to. So I`ll probably settle for a local tv station or a local newspaper or something along these lines. If I fail to get a job after this year is over I`ll go for a masters degree :P
Yeah. Try get into animation. Its a hard area to get into but if your good at it (like yourself) you shouldnt have too much trouble. Personally id like to get into game design or animation after I complete my studies and graduate
phail wale
Can you show a rendered view instead of the normal(preview) mode?
Nice job so far though,I really like it.
Try to work on the insider,it would be shame if the car modeled only for outside view not inside.
Another great job Ezeth it's great I saw some stuff on youtube with this and I cannot into it at all I suck can't wait until your done.
i am the best in toribash
Some progress

each headlamp has 200 faces (380 triangles) the whole car has 11500 faces. (21 942) triangles. And you might think wow that is a lot of triangles, actually its pretty much as low as possible, its going to be 4 times as much once I smooth it. A car can easily go to a million :P