Toribash
Original Post
[Tex]"crossbreed"
hey guys. after the brief success of my first head i am back with this new one, i kinda forgot how to paint textures in my time away from the PC so its like starting again :C

WIP 1:

base idea

(sphere is darkened to make it stand out)

WIP 2:

added more detail to legs and ace, previews of face and hair patch where the legs are coming from

WIP 3:

added more detailing and a separated flat version and rendered spheres

WIP 4:
made the legs smaller due to not knowing how to counter the distortion on the head, made sure that the face of the head is central. changed the mouth area to make it more spider like.

Last edited by Spuud; Sep 21, 2013 at 02:41 AM. Reason: adding WIP 4
Please read the art board rules
you forgot tags
added them for you this time.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
@ 2nd WIP I can't really SEE what is going on, not much to CC on so far. Waiting on third wip.
Alive and Kicking again, [SECRET], former artist, I lose all my matches.
Originally Posted by Metriakon View Post
Don't post 3 wips of pretty much the same looking sketch. I wanna see some colouring.

I am waiting until someone says the design needs changing. i got no CnC on my last head until i was halfway through the shading and then everyone came and said the design needs changing id much rather change it now and not waste so much time.
the only useful wip for me was the flat without spheres all over it because i could actually look at ingame. I would fix the top legs to take into consideration the polar distortions. idk whats really going on/ plan for the head but I would also widen the back "fur" part? right now it looks weird. The way you have your head mapped right now the face seems up too high on the head so it is exaggerating the nose and it makes it look like a dog from the side view. try to lower it to get more of a glare effect instead of a cute effect. and your eyes/nose isnt centered. it would be helpful to know exactly what you are going for to get an idea for what i should be cnc'ing

bascially... keep checking the mapping ingame. this is the step that most people do not do. and most of the time it shows.