Toribash
Original Post
Irrita's Sparring Replays.... •-•
So I'm making this thread to get some tips on how to get better with sparring. I'll be posting all of my sparring replays here, no matter how good or bad. If you'd like to teach me anything, I'd be glad to meet you sometime. I'll post some replays later.
-----
So here's my first replay, an SP spar.
Attached Files
Uke vs Tori.rpl (457.4 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Irrita; Nov 5, 2013 at 02:02 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
I know spars are pain in the ass to make, but this one is nothing special. No well placed hits, no realism, no tricks. Just 2 guys trying to hit each other. Sorry if thats too rough
I didn't make this thread to get praise xD. I'm really looking for constuctive criticism, and sorry, but telling me how bad I did isn't really helpful. :/
Ryan is Straight {TGS} {Videoer} {Artist} Rip Dog
Originally Posted by Veliar View Post
is nothing special. No well placed hits, no realism, no tricks.

I'm pretty sure he just said what is wrong with it. Looking at that, I think you got the base of what you need to fix.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
As vel said, not many tricks nor well placed hits.

You could use some work on your fluidity. and i think you should try not to keep stopping.. i know its hard to focus on two tori's..

You should focus on balance and fluidity.. and movement.

Balance: Try to stay on your feet. horse stancing is a great way to keep balance.
Fluidity: Try to keep your movement going.. but try making it as smooth as possible.
Movement: try to stay up right. and make smooth moves (around the ladies.. jk.. ) essentially what fluidity e.e ..

i could probably put more effort into this. but im feeling rather poopy right now. so yeah sorry.

i will post two replays for you to watch.

a self spar.. which i got lazy and didnt really finish. but meh. And a spar with one of my friends. My replays arent the best. but they are good to watch. so just study them c; trust me.. it helps
Attached Files
Miku~ Sparring Kanade700.rpl (566.2 KB, 10 views)
Miku~ Sparring myself.rpl (437.3 KB, 8 views)