Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Gaming PC vs Xbox One vs PS4
Hello guys, I haven't been here in ages but I really need a suggestion from you.
I'm probably not the only one here who have come up with this question.

So, with the new generation consoles coming just around the corner at a price of $549 for a PS4 and $599 for an Xbox One here, in Australia...

Is it better to get one of those or build a ~gaming computer? I currently own an Xbox 360 and I do enjoy it once I get a game, otherwise, I don't really play too much since I don't have Xbox live so once I complete a game, I'm kind of over with it.

I know it's an opinion based thing but some people are obsessed with computers and a lot of my friends say that I should build a gaming PC rather than getting a console since I can spend about $700-800 on a decent one with graphics being better than the new generation consoles.

What are the main good and bad things about owning either one? I know none of the consoles are out yet but for now, I'm sticking with a PS4...

Some of the stuff I came up with was..:

- Computer needs to be upgraded every year at the very least to keep it up with new games while if I get a console, I will be guaranteed with at least 5 years of gaming.
- Consoles are obviously cheaper and I still need to pay money to enjoy a proper game on a PC, not some pirated crap.
- ^With that, some games don't have multi-player or it is simply not worth it.
- Computers do catch viruses and there are a lot of secondary expenses, such as antivirus, etc. I know it's hard to catch a virus that would actually stuff up your computer but still.
- To get a proper gaming PC, I need to spend about $1k as I think but my friend is trying to convince me that if I give him $600-700, he would get a good one for me... Dunno >.<

What do u guys think? I know I've written down A LOT, to say the least, but I'm pretty sure this debate would be interesting. Tell me what you think!
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Derp xbox can catch viruses too if you download the games from torrent and transfer it into lovely hard disk

And then xbox one need to be online to play sp , and that's sux

Xbox one cost $699, ps4 $499 or $399 , if I'm not wrong

But gaming pc have lot of advantages .

Based on my opinion :
Gaming PC > PS4
PS4 > Xbox One
Gaming PC >>> Xbox One
:D
upgrading your pc is definitely the best option.
but when it comes to building a new one, im not so sure, buying a console is cheaper than buying a pc.
and with a console you are guarenteed reliable performance on any game.
but then again, ps4/xbone games cost like 50% more than pc games, and thats excluding specials like steam specials and humble bundles. making a saving in the long run purely because of games.

i think its silly when looking at the benefits of this and that, I prefer pc, so ima upgrade my pc.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I used to have a good gaming pc but then I moved and left it but that was like 4 years ago. I currently have an OK laptop which obviously isn't good for gaming. So I would have to build one from scratch if we are talking about getting a gaming PC.

Also, I just think it's easier to get a PS4? I don't have to look at game requirements, worry about different stuff that I need to worry about when getting a PC and so on. I can connect to the internet in the same way, as I would having a PC. Plus less hackers, cheaters etc on games. I dunno, why not get a PS4? I do understand most games are way better on a PC plus I can get like different mods and stuff which are quite hard to get on ur PS4. Daaaaaaamn, so hard
[Gangsters] RuBash
In the long run, it's all ways best to have both, but if you're tight on money you're better off with getting a better pc.
[TPO][OSG][ARA][Zero]
"and I have tons of friends" Deakster/Dickmaniac/Deak
I am on Pc side and i don't have to upgrade this untill like 5 years.
Anyway Pc is obviously the best.
On graphics, gameplay, modding and stuff.
And on Pc there are lots of sales for games.

Like humblebundle. I bought Bf3, Dead island, Dead space 3, burnout paradise and couple other games for 1 usd... All of these for one Usd.

Anyway about consoles people are just fans.
Console is a console no difference between xbox and ps in graphics even they think so. Or maybe something but it cannot be seen with bare eye.

Still there is one thing. Consoles are easier. Disc in and play.

I am just on xbox side because i like the controller more.
And because of Forza's. Gt is arcade.

Originally Posted by Trocher3 View Post
Derp xbox can catch viruses too if you download the games from torrent and transfer it into lovely hard disk

And then xbox one need to be online to play sp , and that's sux

Xbox one cost $699, ps4 $499 or $399 , if I'm not wrong

But gaming pc have lot of advantages .

Based on my opinion :
Gaming PC > PS4
PS4 > Xbox One
Gaming PC >>> Xbox One

No idea about PS4 but Xbox is going to be two times cheaper than what you said...
And if you haven't read news Xbox does not have to be online. Or anything.
All the restriction stuff have been took off from Xbox one.

fuck
Originally Posted by MrGarry View Post
- Computer needs to be upgraded every year at the very least to keep it up with new games while if I get a console, I will be guaranteed with at least 5 years of gaming.

Do you think Sony and Microsoft ship you free upgraded hardware every year?

A high end computer that's 5 years old will compete on equal ground with a PS4 or Xbone at launch. Even current mid-tier computers are equal to PS4s and Xbones.
- Consoles are obviously cheaper and I still need to pay money to enjoy a proper game on a PC, not some pirated crap.

Untrue. Consoles are not cheaper, and console games also cost money.
^With that, some games don't have multi-player or it is simply not worth it.

If it's not worth it don't buy it. If you don't like single-player don't buy it.
Console games are not intrinsically higher value and don't magically have multiplayer.
Computers do catch viruses and there are a lot of secondary expenses, such as antivirus, etc. I know it's hard to catch a virus that would actually stuff up your computer but still.

No, you don't pay for antivirus. There's literally hundreds of free AV, and all the top benchers are free.
And even if you don't use any antiviruses and you get a virus, who cares, it's just a gaming computer. Reinstalling windows takes 20 minutes, within half an hour you can be up and playing games - even if you are too lazy to use a restore point, restore disk, system image, or any of the thousands of ways you can get a system up and running faster or protect yourself.
- To get a proper gaming PC, I need to spend about $1k as I think but my friend is trying to convince me that if I give him $600-700, he would get a good one for me... Dunno >.<

No, read the computing subforum sitcky, read logicalincrements.com , read some details on the actual hardware.

And don't forget even a cheap $200 computer will play all current gen and next gen games. People hark on about getting ridiculous hardware, but you don't need very much to play games.

Consoles are for people who have no idea what they are doing and want something that "JUST WERKS". THey are not cheaper, they are not more powerful, they are not the only things that can be hooked up to tvs.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
ps and xbox is not for gaming!
you cant have mods skins etc..
a gaming pc it better.
pces can be updated and get speedy and easy to fix
but consoles are pain in the ass to fix
pc games cost less
default consoles games cost like 50-110
INB4 14 days ban
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
And don't forget even a cheap $200 computer will play all current gen and next gen games. People hark on about getting ridiculous hardware, but you don't need very much to play games.

I bough a laptop for myself about a year ago (not for gaming, just a medium-quality laptop) and it can hardly play Toribash on medium settings... I mean...
-----
Also, to those who had/have both, what do you think?
Last edited by MrGarry; Nov 7, 2013 at 06:08 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[Gangsters] RuBash