Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Multiplayer chat, not all messages are shown
Hi and thanks for this great forum.

What my problem is, that as I enter a server and wait for my turn to fight, I more than often see people chatting, but I'm not able to see what they are typing. All I see is their names and ":" after them marking that they are saying something.
What's weird is that this doesn't happen all the time, and I know that special characters such as Ä or Ö won't show up, and will split the chat message on my client.

I'm using the version you get from
https://redmoonstudios.org/~aszlig/toribash/debian/
which is probably the newest. I'm running ubuntu linux 64-bit and my language settings allow me to type normally on every other program but Toribash.
Could this have something to do with UTF-8 and ISO88509 -character encoding -behaviour between windows, linux and mac -clients of toribash?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Kesman; Dec 28, 2008 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typo
Originally Posted by Kesman View Post
Hi and thanks for this great forum.

What my problem is, that as I enter a server and wait for my turn to fight, I more than often see people chatting, but I'm not able to see what they are typing. All I see is their names and ":" after them marking that they are saying something.
What's weird is that this doesn't happen all the time, and I know that special characters such as Ä or Ö won't show up, and will split the chat message on my client.

I'm using the version you get from
https://redmoonstudios.org/~aszlig/toribash/debian/
which is probably the newest. I'm running ubuntu linux 64-bit and my language settings allow me to type normally on every other program but Toribash.
Could this have something to do with UTF-8 and ISO88509 -character encoding -behaviour between windows, linux and mac -clients of toribash?

Thanks in advance!

That is actually an old client, the newest is 3.32, go to www.toribash.com and click download, choose the linux version and you're good to go.
Turns out 3.24 is the latest build of linux version and there's no source code available, so I guess I have to stick with this version until someone releases a new one for linux too.
Bumping an old thread, but what the hell..
So I figured my problem is related to UTF-8 vs. ISO8859 encondings, since every time someone writes something with either scandinavian alphabet (äöå) in it, it won't display. Same goes with russian letters. I think windows users see them right, but I know I don't. Any other linux users suffering from this or is it just me?

I'm using Toribash version 3.5, since there's no update available for some reason...