Toribash
Original Post
Higher Res texture.
My suggestion is extremely simple at it's core.

A 1028 head texture, now this may be somewhat controversial as last year I suggested this and skulfuk shut it down.

But after some digging around (being really bored in the wee hours) I found the thread in which 256 and 512 heads, and someone asked in that thread when 256 and 512.

Originally Posted by Bio View Post
we now have high quality heads finally.

now. the next demand ? 256x256 and 526x526 FULL TEXTURE SETS :V

Now veb replied to this post with;

11:18 <~SkulFuk> 1meg download though
11:22 <~SkulFuk> if every texture was set to 512 then we'd have problems
11:22 <~SkulFuk> 47meg
11:22 <~SkulFuk> per person

Now of course, we have full 512 textures. and even 512 joints in remote circumstances.

Given that they now exist etc, I think a higher res head texture wouldn't be too much of an ask.

If you have more to add please post, or if you want to shoot me down, go ahead.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
Seems like a great idea, but it may cause some issues with things such as, frames per seconds, and it would probably affect people with low graphic cards, otherwise it's a very good idea.

~Supported.
Last edited by Lazors; Nov 28, 2013 at 07:37 AM. Reason: No need to quote the entire thing
The only people who would have hardware issues are people with ancient machines, which wouldn't be able to render them at all. Any potential FPS drop would be <1 so you wouldn't notice it.

I still can't see too many people being pleased about having so much drive space eaten for the sake of a vanity image, plus the jump from 512 -> 1024 won't be noticeable for the majority of people. (you'll need to be running the game at a stupidly high resolution)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you