Toribash
Original Post
Simple movements!
I am really confused as to how to even close the distance between tori and uke in game modes like wuhsu and taekkyon. I would like some advise as to how I could improve my ability to close the distance to uke.

Training methods, tutorials, etc. Every tip is appriciated!

- Taul
I have indeed read your amazing topic, but none of the comeback and setup replays seem to be working. Once their are opened, the only thing happening is a full 750 frames of just completly relaxed tori and uke.

Am I doing something wrong?
Normally you don't try to close the distance in tk, you either reach out your hand and try to grab your opponent or kick over there. For kicking extend one hip and contract the other one, then play around with your joints to see what gives you a decent somewhat straight kick. You can contract your knee on the first turn and then extend on the second for snapkick motion.
It doesn't really have to connect to uke, tk is more about fighting in the middle of Tori and Uke then getting over to him.

In wushu howsoever you can either rely on openers which you can find mostly on youtube or just do something and then jump into your opponents direction using the comeback poses snake posted. For moving into a direction it's important to remember your center of gravity. Use wrists and knees to jump yourself into a direction.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
Originally Posted by snake View Post
download em first

I have sir/ms

With or without those replays, since I am able to play the once later in the topic, you provided excellent information! Thank you so much
-----
Originally Posted by NutHug View Post
In wushu howsoever you can either rely on openers which you can find mostly on youtube or just do something and then jump into your opponents direction using the comeback poses snake posted.

So the pose given in his post are not just for referance? I didn't know that you should try to assume that position before attempting the comeback. Maybe this will lead to something

Thank you
Last edited by taul; Dec 18, 2013 at 11:25 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
learning how to move in wushu is simple yet a bit complicated.

best results you can accomplish is by random clicking your joints on first turn.
after that you need to set yourself in any comeback position you se fit. thats it

after learning that you will be able to recover from anything and keep fighting.

you need to always have an idea of what you want to end up with, and

NOT doing something just for the sake of doing anything

let's say you want to make a comeback. you should literally ignore your opponent even if he's close to you or even touching you, and think and work for comeback position first. after you are set, you may pay attention to your opponent.

it's all about completely ignoring opponent untill you are set.
I just use semi random all the time ( I just random click but be a little alert )
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
lol closing the gap between uke and tori wasnt only your problem , i bet we all had that problem when we started playing tb.... however even tho there are 53Baziquadrillions of jointstate combinations, u will find the ones wich fits you best after you have been playing a (good) while . also, unlike me =P, you might encounter that there are certain ways of moving wich aply better than other ones (for this or that mod). learning to move tori i can compare to learn to walk in reallife or maybe learn riding a bike too, it takes some time. but once learned u wont forget it that easyly. ...and yea what the other guys said too ofc.... i suggest learn some easy openers and try to vary the second turn, like this u will get some understanding how this puppet moves the way you want it to and find your own style of plaing this awsome game