Toribash
Original Post
∆ Oceans Puddle of Replays ∆
Hello everyone..

CnC mabes?
Attached Files
circle.rpl (63.2 KB, 20 views)
Rectangle.rpl (181.9 KB, 13 views)
Last edited by Ocean; Dec 21, 2013 at 06:44 PM.
circle: Not a bad opener, but you're so close to Uke you're forced to connect with your hip extended awkwardly far. Could be much more fluid, too. Cool pose!

Rectangle: Nice Combo, although the last two kicks connect awkwardly. I think they would look better if you followed through with them. The first one definitely has the potential to boom. I could only get a sloppy pec-split boom, but if you could get the foot to ghost into Uke, you could definitely get a pec-core-shoulder out of it.
Attached Files
Ocean boom-ish edit.rpl (142.7 KB, 7 views)
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Hey thanks man ill make sure to post some more :>
-----
i finished circle finally
Attached Files
circle V2.rpl (145.1 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Ocean; Dec 21, 2013 at 09:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
opener seems to be okay, but I think you kinda over relaxed in it.

also you kinda died from frames 440-395. I see you had a god intention of building suspense or something like that, but that my friend was a tad too much. Maybe shorten it a bit.

the "bounceback" or whatever you want to call it was decent but a little on the meh side. I'd suggest you try and push off the floor with your arm to get a nice spin which you could use to create a beautiful transition to a boom hit or something.

Kick was good, but to make it more stylish I'd suggest you relax your arms a bit, perhaps bring one of them down. I'd also suggest that you right turn before you kick because it will add waaay more power and you'll most likely get a core too!

so remember;

when doing a standard kick with your right leg, right rotate chest.
when doing a standard kick with your left leg, left rotate chest.

think about when you kick in real-life. When you go for a round house kick or something, your body will instinctively turn right gaining more power. If you left turned you'd probably fall face first and your friends will laugh at you.

also a good thing to remember would be to use oppisite joints to your advantage. What I mean is when you are contracting with your right hip, extend with your left hip. This is a major factor in whether you get a single split, or a double core.

also also, always continue with followthrough. Not only does it make you look insanely bad ass, but it will also make the pieces fly harder and farther making the hit look amazing. This is also applies to your next hit.

ALWAYS be sure you have the right amount of speed when going for a hit, because it can be frustrating and time consuming trying to get a hit when you don't have the proper power, speed, and aim. (or you could get lucky, that happens too ;o)

hopefully you learned something from this, and I'll also keep an eye on this thread. Just keep practicing and you'll get it eventually.
\o\ | ORMO | OSHI | OLDA | [duck] | Team Canada | Maple Syrup United | Team Philippines | [UssR] | Anime United | /o/
Circle V2: You could make better use of your well-grounded legs when getting back to Uke. The actual second kick is nice though, I always liked how chest-area DM's from the side look. The last kick looks really sketchy, you seem to only move your knee.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!