Toribash
Original Post
[VID] I love Cross Dissolve

Anyway, heather. Wanted to try out some new effects I thought of (Shader switch, Mirror, Color Correction, etc) but it looked EXTREMELY choppy. I tried to put in some transitions to smoothen it out and cross dissolve did the trick.
I sorta thought that different camera angles would interfere with the shader switching but ok.

Software used:
Recording: QuickTime Player
Editing Program: iMovie 13/14
Game: Toribash

Music: Baauer - Harlem Shake

pls. criticism welcome. pls

Last edited by Nagato; Jan 19, 2014 at 10:16 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
The shader switching wasn't that smooth :C
The CC looked great, same with the shaders and replay choice. the speed of the clips were too slow for the song imo
Originally Posted by Slycooper View Post
The shader switching wasn't that smooth :C
The CC looked great, same with the shaders and replay choice. the speed of the clips were too slow for the song imo

Thanks!
I might decide to work on this just a little bit longer considering it has some nice reviews. I do agree with the replays were too slow bit. I might try some other effects like uke appearing right before he gets dm'd. All I need is a tricking replay that has uke being dismembered. I dunno, it may be good with a spar too. one opponent jumping on another and the person below disappears and when there's another beat, he'll appear again. Like I said, I dunno.
I think this just shows you don't need a good editing program to have a good video
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
cc was nice, but seriously 1) Don't use iMovie 2) Make it faster, jesus 3) shader chaging wasn't smooth but i couldn't do that so cool 4) Song choice is bad and there's like no effects like wow
Originally Posted by Dupbuck View Post
cc was nice, but seriously 1) Don't use iMovie 2) Make it faster, jesus 3) shader chaging wasn't smooth but i couldn't do that so cool 4) Song choice is bad and there's like no effects like wow

1. Give me $400, then I'll stop :o
2. I did it in the update
3. I fixed it, like I said, in the update
4. iMovie. No effects whatsoever. I have to improvise my own.

Also, I updated it a bit.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
to be honest i like how there are no effects and you can actually see the replays. the problems i do agree on are the speed. the shader switching was alright, i didn't find it distracting at all.

akso i was about to recommend you record the replay with a greenscreen background shader and then chroma key the regular tb shaders in but then i saw that you use imovie ;o
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
to be honest i like how there are no effects and you can actually see the replays. the problems i do agree on are the speed. the shader switching was alright, i didn't find it distracting at all.

akso i was about to recommend you record the replay with a greenscreen background shader and then chroma key the regular tb shaders in but then i saw that you use imovie ;o

What do you mean? You mean record the replay in greenscreen, get a shader and do another recording with the shader switching and add the tori and uke as an overlay? I could do that but it's easier if I just use cross dissolve.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i mean downloading a green screen shader and recording the replay with both toris while using the greenscreen, and then recording the replay twice (each one with the shaders you'd like to switch between) but with no toris (/opt tori 0, /opt uke 0). all you'd have to do then would be move a few video clips around.
oh yeah
Sync was sexy as hell
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
you might actually be an ok editor if you didnt use imovie and actually had a decent taste in music. i dont endorse pirating software but that doesnt mean you can't.

also ray tracing, use it.