Original Post
[Art] Ultimate Jersey [WIP]
I'm making a Jersey for my friends ultimate team, here's what I have so far;

Jersey Front

things left to do:
-remake font with lighter second shade
-fix right side of head
-fix flat part of tail, mebbeh

Photoshop CS5 was the only program used, comments/criticisms welcome.
Last edited by DrunkenMonkey; Jan 27, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM
his right arm is really really really long
kind of awkward looking

also what is it supposed to say

the font is really nice looking goodjob
Originally Posted by Internet View Post
his right arm is really really really long
kind of awkward looking

Haha, didn't notice that it was longer until now. Well it's free artwork so I cba to fix it.

Originally Posted by greenscreen View Post
What is it supposed to say? STLCOP? It's not bad :P

Yeah STLCOP for Stl College of Pharmaceuticals
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM
You should make the font more visible.
Place the racoon a little bit more to the "cop" and move the "stl" a little bit to the left to make the L more visible.
Maybe even put Stl College in a tight font underneath it as well, for the sake of readability.

I won't CnC the racoon as it's too much work for you to fix it.
Only maybe the fact that the stripes from the racoon and text don't match bother me.
Since it's a jersey an extra colour would be shitty to print.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
You should make the font more visible.
Place the racoon a little bit more to the "cop" and move the "stl" a little bit to the left to make the L more visible.
Maybe even put Stl College in a tight font underneath it as well, for the sake of readability.

I won't CnC the racoon as it's too much work for you to fix it.
Only maybe the fact that the stripes from the racoon and text don't match bother me.
Since it's a jersey an extra colour would be shitty to print.

Thanks for the input, I'll experiment with the text placement that was kinda just the first way I slapped it on there because I'm redoing the font anyways. And yeah, as for the color of the stripes, that's the whole reason I'm redoing the font. I was zoomed in on the letters and penned and filled it only to realize I had used the wrong color, and of course I didn't use layers, god knows why.
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM
You should be able to paint bucket the lines in the same colour without too much of a hassle.
Fr3styL . Improving by Improvising
I'm an artist.
Originally Posted by AlphasoniK View Post
You should be able to paint bucket the lines in the same colour without too much of a hassle.

Yeah, but then it leaves those few pixels around the border and if I up the tolerance too much it fucks up the stroke, I'm sure that I could fix it without redoing the font somehow, but meh.

I gave in and fixed the arm, since I'm getting one of the jersey's too, it was just gonna bother me >.> Also made the tail a little better.

raccoon update

And this is what I have of the font so far

font

I'll fix the bottom of the N later...

Oh and I used impact for the base font
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM
Originally Posted by Mzebra View Post
Printing this on shirts, or what? id sell them at school.

Just for my friend's jersey, which I'm getting one of. Maybe I'll make it into something sellable later on, don't really feel like refining it at this point though.

The jersey company only uses one layer of ink for the numbers on the back, so I stopped working on the font and am just using the base-font Impact for the back. I fixed the coloring, at first I made the letters lighter, but then they looked washed, so I kept them darker and made some small adjustments on the body. The head looks a little washed now, but I'm moving on to my next project and don't feel like working anymore on this one, so here's the finished design:

finished design

Edit; god dammit, the tail layers got mixed up somehow, fucking tail reverted... might fix that before he orders them...
Monkey yeknoM
onkeyM Myekno
nkeyMo oMyekn
keyMon noMyek
eyMonk knoMye
yMonke eknoMy
Monkey yeknoM