Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
Can't use Multiplayer?
Ok basically, for the past day or thereabouts I haven't been able to go into any multiplayer servers.

I have no clue why that is, and have asked in the irc to no avail. I was just wondering if anybody could tell me why this is happening. My internet connection is perfectly fine and I see no faults or reasons as to why this would occur.
<Abyss> I am Cookie, fear me \o3o/
Well when I try to connect to any room, and I mean any room (static, official, or playermade / custom lobbies) it gives me the same Not Connected message over and over, but it says I connected to the ip and loads the matchframes at the top of the screen.
Apart from that, it does nothing else - just a blank client.
Were you able to connect before all this happen?

You could check if you did something to your computer before all this happen, like any updates , or changes of configuration.
I can relate to some of the things you're saying, you say that the screen turns blank after failing to connect, but you have connection.
I recommend you to check the version of the game if it's the latest one, you might also want to check the firewall to see if it's blocking the game for online connection and also check if your router is blocking the ports that Toribash use for their servers.

Hope this can help you solve your problem,
Neru.
Last edited by Neru; Feb 10, 2014 at 07:57 PM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Were you able to connect before all this happen?

You could check if you did something to your computer before all this happen, like any updates , or changes of configuration.
I can relate to some of the things you're saying, you say that the screen turns blank after failing to connect, but you have connection.
I recommend you check the version of the game if it's the latest one, you might also want to check the firewall to see if it's blocking the game for online connection and also check if your router is blocking the port which Toribash uses for their servers.

Hope this can help you solve your problem,
Neru.

Thank you for the help Neru, but none of this seems to have worked.
Previously to this problem I was able to connect to the servers yes, but I haven't made any changes to my computer via updates and such. It just stopped working while I was 'attempting' to set up a bet server.
Also, I am using v4.7 of the game if that helps, but I have been using it since it came out so I don't think it would be the version of the game.
As for the router problem, I looked into it and it isn't that. Everything seems fine and toribash isn't being blocked by my firewall.
It may seem silly, but I dont think it is my computer or router that is causing the problem, or the client. It seems to be an outside source, which makes it a bit more confusing for myself.
Hello Cookie, you can try re-downloading the game again if you didn't do it after the problem appeared.
I honestly can't think of any other reason why the game wont connect for you when you have Internet connection and did all of the stuff I mentioned above correctly.
The only thing I can suggest is that you "Restore to previous versions" the game when it was working normally with no problem before all this happen.
If that doesn't work, you might want to call you ISP to check if you have any problems with your internet, which I doubt you have because you can browse without any problem.

I found this thread that might help you out with your connection issues.
(It will explain the possible reasons of your problem better than me.)
Connection Issues

Last edited by Neru; Feb 10, 2014 at 10:05 PM.
⋐⋑
<ishi> 2MEGPOID4ME