Ranking
Original Post
Tournament auto-loss glitch
Specific scenario:
  • tournament has just ended
  • only two players remain in the server; all other participants have quit
  • one of the players quits during/immediately after the replay following the final match

What happens:
  • end-of-tournament dialogue pops up again, saying that the player who quit has won but not enough games were played for the prize to be paid out
  • actually counts as a game played as well as a loss: my qi increases and my elo drops

from ninjutsu tourney

not only is this glitch annoying when trying to rank up, it's also potentially exploitable (albeit on a small scale), since we both got free qi and he got nearly 2 free elo. it's happened to me ~5 times and i haven't heard anyone else say anything about it, so i figured it was worth reporting.

thanks for checking out my thread dudes stay radical
Just saying, this happens when there are other participants in the server. It seems like it happens randomly if one in the final quits right after the replay. I have gotten auto-wins, and auto-losses from this glitch when i was the one that didnt quit.
Fukin spice and wolf
after doing a little bit of mulitclient testing in a private server, it seems that this happens consistently after one person quits during the final replay in knockout mode, leaving one player left in the server. however, obviously, i couldn't see if qi and elo changed because of the anti-farming measures. i haven't personally seen it happen with more than two players in the server, but i wouldn't be surprised.