Original Post
[ART] Testing out new tablet

Mind you nothing was erased, once it was drawn it stayed there

Everything is a massive doodles, so no harsh crits

You can however give some tablet tips to me and ways to use it better

Tools:
SketchBook
Intuos P S
Last edited by Fenris; Mar 8, 2014 at 05:38 PM.
I probably should have explained things better.

Basically all I did with my tablet is plug it in, install stuff, restart my computer, and started to draw on SketchBook.

I have an Intuos P S

I dont know much about how to effeciently use tablets to the best of their ability, all I know is to use the pen on the flat drawing area and thats pretty much it. There may or may not be more to it, but if I can find out then that would be great.

Also tips are optional. People can always comment on the looks though.
Tablet is there to simulate the real process. You have a pen and you have a surface, and you need to use them like you would use any art tool on paper, meaning: applying pressure and strokes.
Rest depends on your personal affinities.

But, you probably already noticed that long, broader strokes doesn't really work good with the tablets ad that you are 'confined' to use shorter and quicker strokes. Also, there is a period of adjusting to the pressure and angle that you have to use to draw with pen.

I got a very good advice from one digital artist saying that, during the period of adjusting to new medium, you just write a lot on the tablet, like you are doing an essay , Just use your handwriting and write long sentences.
When you get to the stage when your handwriting is same as on the real paper you are set to go!

I was skeptic about it, but it turned that he was right.

Aside from that, you might want to set your undo and screen scrolling options close and handy on some buttons on the tablet, if you have them.
Django: You can clean up the mess, but don't touch my coffin.
Originally Posted by Django777 View Post
Tablet is there to simulate the real process. You have a pen and you have a surface, and you need to use them like you would use any art tool on paper, meaning: applying pressure and strokes.
Rest depends on your personal affinities.

But, you probably already noticed that long, broader strokes doesn't really work good with the tablets ad that you are 'confined' to use shorter and quicker strokes. Also, there is a period of adjusting to the pressure and angle that you have to use to draw with pen.

I got a very good advice from one digital artist saying that, during the period of adjusting to new medium, you just write a lot on the tablet, like you are doing an essay , Just use your handwriting and write long sentences.
When you get to the stage when your handwriting is same as on the real paper you are set to go!

I was skeptic about it, but it turned that he was right.

Aside from that, you might want to set your undo and screen scrolling options close and handy on some buttons on the tablet, if you have them.

I guess you could just write "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" over and over again since it has all the letters of the alphabet.
tips: keep drawing.
draw lots.
like really, ALOT.
ive had mine for ages, but im still shit with it because i dont draw enough.

nice Type work though, your handwriting is miles better than mine.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I think this seems enough as it is.

I got a general picture for everything I believe I need to know about tablets, thanks for your support guys!