Toribash
Original Post
Question is for Moviemakers and YouTubers
If you made a toribash video (for example). And youtube's system recognized the famous song you used in video. Is it dangerous for your account?
I suppose it would be, I had only one video removed for such thing if I can recall correctly, but I don't use famous songs. I remember some videos that did, and they didn't get removed. From the Youtube's system, if I got it right, if you have 3 copyright claims (Videos removed because of copyright), your account is going to get closed
What happens if your video gets a claim, is that you can either:
a) Acknowledge third party content, meaning your video contains copyrighted content that you don't have rights to
b) Dispute copyright claim, meaning you DO own the rights to the stuff whatever company is claiming. You can do more research on how to dispute claims on your own.

Claimed videos

See those? All of those have matched copyrighted content. If you're partnered with a network or YouTube directly, that means you'll no longer be able to receive ad revenue from those videos (ads might play, but they go towards the company that owns x content that's being claimed.) That's why the dollar sign is greyed out as opposed to green.

How copyright claims may affect your video
If someone is using your copyrighted content
What is Copyright?
Fair Use
Creative Commons
COPYRIGHT FAQ
Last edited by Slycooper; Mar 26, 2014 at 11:36 AM.
Depends on the songs. I've got no strikes on my YT account from them, but 3 are blocked across most of Europe, 1 had it's audio swapped, and another is full of adverts belonging to the band. OFC there's the issue that I've had a partner account since forever so they're nicer to me than normal users.

So long as you don't monetize them it shouldn't be too bad, though really you don't want to use anything with copyright since it's getting tighter.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
I thought, if you will accept that some song is not your own, they just make an icon where you can see the name of song.
Originally Posted by Meanwhile View Post
I thought, if you will accept that some song is not your own, they just make an icon where you can see the name of song.

They only add that if they have a partnered shop selling the song, eg Amazon iTunes etc.

Other than audioswaps users aren't informed of what's happened to a video someone else has made. The info about what the copyright holder has done to the video is private and can only be see by the channel owner.

Depending on the record company & group involved you could have one of many things happen. It's best to just avoid using anything with a copyright on it, there's plenty of CC & PD music out there that wont have any of the BS attached to it.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you