Toribash
Original Post
Changing the ban name.
Currently when a player is banned they have the user title of NON-EXISTING! and when I first read that I had no idea what it meant. I suggest changing it to something like User Banned or have a different color to it and make it so players can't copy the ban look.
It's annoying when users have the custom titles that makes them look banned.

But that's enough of my rambling, what are your thoughts on it?
Well, I had a similiar idea.
Maybe people would really get banned/infracted for having the non-existant usertitle. Why? does toribash staff really want bunch of new people to post in rapid threads asking why this player is "banned" but he/she can still post?. Maybe usertitle changes could work like namechanges, with you having to send some TC to an admin to change it.
And to your idea, I do think its a good idea.
Supported.
h
Originally Posted by Aviant View Post
Not supported, the mods should worry about changing more important things not personal peevs.

It's not a personal peeve, it can potentially confuse new players.
Originally Posted by Aviant View Post
Not supported, the mods should worry about changing more important things not personal peevs.

While it is a pet peeve it's not the reason I posted it.
I feel it's a whole lot more logical to have a ban be called Banned vs Non existing which makes no sense. Players also shouldn't be allowed to have a custom user title to fake a ban, it's confusing to the community members and potentially the staff. For example in the case somebody is going to get banned it would a smart move to remove your avatar and change your usertitle to Non existing to possibly fake it. But chances are the mods would still check to see if somebody was actually banned. In the case of a player getting banned instead of just having text they should receive a custom made ban title that would be illegal for community members to use. But that's just an idea.
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Maybe people would really get banned/infracted for having the non-existant usertitle. Why? does toribash staff really want bunch of new people to post in rapid threads asking why this player is "banned" but he/she can still post?. Maybe usertitle changes could work like namechanges, with you having to send some TC to an admin to change it.
Supported.

you did kinda just said what I said, space.
could have just quoted me.
h
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
While it is a pet peeve it's not the reason I posted it.
I feel it's a whole lot more logical to have a ban be called Banned vs Non existing which makes no sense. Players also shouldn't be allowed to have a custom user title to fake a ban, it's confusing to the community members and potentially the staff. For example in the case somebody is going to get banned it would a smart move to remove your avatar and change your usertitle to Non existing to possibly fake it. But chances are the mods would still check to see if somebody was actually banned. In the case of a player getting banned instead of just having text they should receive a custom made ban title that would be illegal for community members to use. But that's just an idea.

The reason why the ban user title was never made clear is because users don't need to concern themselves with banned users. If they are that desperate to know what non-existing means, they are welcome to ask someone who knows. As for staff members, they have tools (a lot of tools, actually) for checking whether a user is really banned. So, it is pretty much next to impossible for a staff member to be confused.
Originally Posted by duck View Post
Supported.

Refer to my response above. Forum developers made a custom usertitle shop, let's not waste that by rolling back to the conventional 'contact an admin' means!
Closing the thread. Cheers.