Toribash
Original Post
Tourney Problem
I don't even know if this is where im suppose to put it, But ive noticed that you guys have this thing in the tourney rooms where if you ping you can renter the tournament, i feel as though this should be removed because, people are just turning off their internet when about to lose then just come back and reenter... it sucks if someone does ping, but i guess they need to try Burger Kings internet instead of mcdonalds

Thanks
Are you certain? Usually you can only be reentered into the queue if the room owner or a GM manually adds you to the lockdown.
Buy me food and tell me I'm cute.
Originally Posted by RaiShun View Post
I don't even know if this is where im suppose to put it, But ive noticed that you guys have this thing in the tourney rooms where if you ping you can renter the tournament, i feel as though this should be removed because, people are just turning off their internet when about to lose then just come back and reenter... it sucks if someone does ping, but i guess they need to try Burger Kings internet instead of mcdonalds

Thanks

During a lockdown you can't just enter a queue in the server upon rejoining, you must be force entered by the server operator present. In official tournaments players will not (or should not) be re-entered if they ping whilst playing, but they can be re-entered if they ping before/after their match. In non-official tourneys (hosted by anybody and everybody who isn't a GM or representative of another event-driven organisation) the tourney rules are essentially up to them, as it's their money they're spending to fund the tournament and it's their server. It is up to them to have a little dignity and host properly.
Last edited by Gynx; May 31, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
collect snots from the nose
Originally Posted by RaiShun View Post

Thanks

Toribash knows about this problem, But its a kinda win/lose situation.
This is kept in because some people actually ping and it gives them a chance to renter(Also it not easy to fix), But i see where you are coming from This is a problem, But Its just how it is so i suggest, just deal with it because some people do it to piss other players off and some really ping so. Im sorry that you had to experience a rage quitter, But there out there.

Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
During a lockdown you can't just enter a server, you must be force entered by the server operator present. In official tournaments players will not (or should not) be re-entered if they ping whilst playing, but they can be re-entered if they ping before/after their match. In non-official tourneys (hosted by anybody and everybody who isn't a GM or representative of another event-driven organisation) the tourney rules are essentially up to them, as it's their money they're spending to fund the tournament and it's their server. It is up to them to have a little dignity and host properly.

IF a player was in a tourney and they pinged, They can renter that tourney. Some players would disconnect there connection so they would ping. Even if its lockdown it gives the player the ability to renter the tourney.
Last edited by emoney78; May 31, 2014 at 10:15 PM.
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐Emoneyocean

Originally Posted by emoney78 View Post
IF a player was in a tourney and they pinged, They can renter that tourney. Some players would disconnect there connection so they would ping. Even if its lockdown it gives the player the ability to renter the tourney.

Do you understand what you're talking about or what I said? I may not have been clear enough so I'll reiterate.

You can't enter the queue if you join a server whilst it is in lockdown. You are forced to stay as a spectator until you are force entered by the operator. Pinging in your own game defaults you to a loss and you shouldn't be force entered back into the queue, whereas those who ping whilst waiting for a game are allowed to re-enter.
In some tournament servers, where there is lockdown enabled, if a player pings in the queue they can get back into the queue upon entering the server (but at the bottom of the queue). If they were in a match, as far as I know they cannot re-enter. Of course the other operator rules apply, but this has happened to me on occasion.
I'm a game developer for other games.
Ping me if you have a query or general question unrelated to this game.
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
In some tournament servers, where there is lockdown enabled, if a player pings in the queue they can get back into the queue upon entering the server (but at the bottom of the queue). If they were in a match, as far as I know they cannot re-enter. Of course the other operator rules apply, but this has happened to me on occasion.

You can ping yourself and re-enter the queue upon re-entry, unless this was fixed. This used to be a massive problem when a bad loser entered a tourney.
-----
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post
Do you understand what you're talking about or what I said? I may not have been clear enough so I'll reiterate.

You can't enter the queue if you join a server whilst it is in lockdown. You are forced to stay as a spectator until you are force entered by the operator. Pinging in your own game defaults you to a loss and you shouldn't be force entered back into the queue, whereas those who ping whilst waiting for a game are allowed to re-enter.

Again, unless it was fixed recently, you can do this. The room won't fenter you, but if you type /en when you enter the room after pinging, you can get back into the queue, regardless of when you were in a match or waiting your turn.
Last edited by hawkesnightmare; May 31, 2014 at 11:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Colour me surprised. I've never had this issue when hosting, so I thought locking down a server actually, you know, locked down a server. Apologies, I thought I had it right!

EDIT: I believe there was a misunderstanding, I was talking about events that are hosted (by GMs etc) and you guys are talking about non-moderated auto tournaments, right? That'd explain everything.
Last edited by Gynx; Jun 1, 2014 at 12:19 AM.
I know this is the case with all of the public tourneys. I haven't experienced this when in a user-made room turned tourney, but I imagine it is the same.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
I know this is the case with all of the public tourneys. I haven't experienced this when in a user-made room turned tourney, but I imagine it is the same.

It's not, you have to have an operator force enter you into the queue to enter a user-hosted tournament's queue whilst it's in lockdown. If you have any doubts I'm happy to test it with you or someone. The issue lies solely with the auto-tournaments.