Ranking
Original Post
Running at 7 frames per second
I just installed windows vista on a separate partition so i dont have any of my old files on this drive. I instaled the newest version of toribash but now its running mega slow, 7 fps!

What stuff shall i install so it works better?
Re: Running at 7 frames per second
Originally Posted by flaime
I just installed windows vista on a separate partition so i dont have any of my old files on this drive. I instaled the newest version of toribash but now its running mega slow, 7 fps!

What stuff shall i install so it works better?

Depends on what computer you're running, you might see if vista has a compatibility mode for 32 bit applications, if nothing else, upgrade your ram, and/or video card.
Upgrade your RAM. You probably listened to the bullshit Microsoft said about Vista being 'for gaming'. The fact that it takes all your memory just to run the OS should give you a hint to your problem.

I'm afraid there's only one quick solution, and that's setting up an older OS on your machine. I recommend sticking it on a boot CD or something, so its not permanent.
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Originally Posted by Qegola
Upgrade your RAM. You probably listened to the bullshit Microsoft said about Vista being 'for gaming'. The fact that it takes all your memory just to run the OS should give you a hint to your problem.

I'm afraid there's only one quick solution, and that's setting up an older OS on your machine. I recommend sticking it on a boot CD or something, so its not permanent.

You could always set up Partition Magic, and make the computer a dual boot machine, boot into vista whenever you need to (for whatever reason that'd be) and boot to winxp for doing everything else.

Directions for doing so.
For some graphic cards there are no drivers for vist (yet?) - I have known other people who have installed Vista, and they say most of their games run extremely slow. Tonjevic for an example. You could ask him whether or not he managed to get Toribash playing over 4fps.
When a game runs this slow, it usually means something wrong with your graphics card.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Thanks for the suggestions but i just updated my graphics drivers to the 32 bit vista ones and it all works

Hey! Vista is all gaming! Directx 10 will only work on vista meaning eventually...You'll all join the dark side
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Soul

Hey! Vista is all gaming! Directx 10 will only work on vista meaning eventually...You'll all join the dark side

And hackers reverse engineer what we want, the way we want it.
If Directx 10 is only designed for vista, someone, somewhere, will force it to work however they want.

Programs are just code, and code can always be rewritten.