Toribash
Original Post
No TC on private servers
Hello

I'm posting because I'm curious about the new decision to not allow TC accumulation in private servers.

One question:
Is this a temporary remedy (against farming)?

Recently I bought a booster and now have found that there are no Judo servers for black belts were you can gain TC (public). I generally only play Judo. I'm not interested in a refund, Hampa deserves the money. I'm just wondering about the future.

I'd like to be constructive here, and am thinking about other ways to curb farming, perhaps:

1. Passworded servers don't gain tc
2. Servers where there are say less than 3 turns don't gain tc
3. Servers that don't use "standard" mods wouldn't gain tc.

Just some ideas.

Any thoughts or responses?
(try to keep it constructive)

Thanks,
Bill
if you have booster you DO get tc on private servers
[12:04] <@Jarmund> the only thing that could make it even clearer that he didn't have a woman, would be if he played WoW
[21:20] <blkk> what does fap mean?
Thats dumb to make passworded servers have no 20.

Lets see I make passworded servers for:

-Chatting and playing casually with Beta's only
-Clan Tourney
-Clan Wars
-or being bothered by newbs that I dont want joining.
Yes, for boosters you do still get TC, although it'd appear it is less, last I saw someone with a 50x booster on a priv. server they'd simply get 50 TC per win, as if the TC reward was set to 1 rather than 0.

I think it'd be a great idea to only let you gain XP on custom-made servers if there's more than 3 people on it, and maybe even have the xp slightly nerfed. And then ofc, give no TC to PWed servers.

Or maybe it could be a simple thing to turn on and off for admins and whatnot, so if you're having a tourney or something you can request admins turn TC on for the time being, despite the fact the server is PWed.
Actually, Demonsoul, that 50 booster was working fine.

It's 50 tc per win, not the normal rate multiplied by 50.

But yeah, boosters work on private servers, just not normal gain.
i have a 100x booster, and i do not gain moneys on private servers. i always make up a room and play on it, and i never earn anything...0tc per win...
~Tyzo
#TwinSwag
From http://forums.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=46734

Hi all,

There have been some concerns regarding Toricredits and servers in recent times.

As you know, you can now create your own servers FOR FREE, so you can play in your own servers if you want.

On earning Toricredits...
There are now:
~ 8 Beginner Servers
~ 8 Intermediate Servers
~ 8 Semi-Pro Servers
~ 8 Pro Servers (No Qi Limit)

Earnings will range from 5 - 10 TC per win as per server settings.

BOOSTERS will work on ALL SERVERS
including PRIVATE SERVERS.
*we have anti-farming measures in place*

Qi is gained from ALL SERVERS
Copy of PM for other admins
Hello Gman80,

I appreciate your response to my thread regarding No TC accumulation on private servers.

I am concerned though, as my experience contradicts your statements regarding boosters on private servers.

I am still not gaining any TC on private servers with my 50 booster.

Perhaps this could be as a result of the anti-farming measures you mentioned were in place?
(I would never consider farming!)

Any ideas?

Thanks, Bill
Hi Bill.

Perhaps the updates haven't been quite put into place yet.

As far as I am aware, not all the servers have been updated yet. I know some (or all) of the static ones have been updated. If I am correct, the public servers should be updated sometime today. It is only 0610 in Singapore right now, and I do not think developers get up at that time to work.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.