Toribash
Original Post
[Tex] 宮本 武蔵

color correction

I made a texture of Miyamoto Musashi. His signature forehead scar is missing because it doesn't look nice in-game.
If anyone is wondering why the original is so purple, I used Yasuo from LoL as a reference for colors.

Tools used: Gimp 2.8 & Mouse.
Last edited by GoodBox; Jul 1, 2014 at 05:09 AM.
(>^_^)>
No offense but I think you should stick with anime.
I prefer your anime heads a lot more than this... this looks kinda weird.
The skin looks rubber-ish and the cc helped the skintone and hair a lot but in the end it would've looked a hundred times better.

EDIT :
I just checked the mapping and thats a huge problem.
The eyes look like they're protruding the sockets and the face is extremely wide and the chin is sharper than my kitchen knives.
damn im gettin old
too bright. eyes should have an expression, they're just there, staring at you, kinda creepy XD rest is good
I'm Tasty and I know it.
I like Rocks.
Color correction? dafuq is that? you use gimp?

How you do dat?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Yeah I realized that I forgot about putting emotions on the face when it was too late to fix it without restarting from scratch.

@Velair, No offense taken. This isn't really my area of expertise, so I'm not expecting perfection or anything. Although, I checked the mapping frequently as I made it, so I don't quite see what you mean about the chin and eyes. Dunno, maybe it'll be obvious to me if I look at this again in a week.

~ Edit:

lol thanks chillz. It's decently fun to start from the hard blocks then smooth them out. Have a pic of the original blocks if you want to see them: http://gyazo.com/74cf332280208f97fcd74bfbd2e97e4b

Also Karstnator, by color correction I mean things like Hue-Saturation, Levels, and Brightness/Contrast. I kinda started out with an unnatural color palette, so that's why I did some color correction. Ideally though if you're good enough you won't need to do any color/value correction. Though even professional artists filter check their final works, so there's nothing wrong with doing so.
Last edited by GoodBox; Jul 1, 2014 at 05:00 AM.
(>^_^)>