Toribash
Original Post
[Vid] An Amber Afternoon
Back with some more experimenting, check it out, the key framing got a little crazy at some points, so yea. I was just playing around with some stuff. Felt like making a calmer video. Sync was really off in the beginning :O I'm just realizing that, but that was really what i was trying to work on in this video...my sync

also if your here to start trouble, please don't, keep this thread nice and clean with good Cnc :< i don't want to start another debate here

made with after effects CS6
Replay by Omega90 (as tori) and Chilledon (as uke)
(man i really hate when i do some good key framing up to a certain point which just ruins the vid)
Last edited by matarika; Jul 9, 2014 at 12:46 AM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
This is way better, not really a fan of the song but that doesn't matter much.
It's pretty choppy at some points, it would improve if it was a steady 30 FPS.
The intro is a bit long, 3-4 seconds is the maximum in my opinion. Nobody wants to look at one word for 10 seconds.

The flare overlay thing worked pretty well with the colours and CC.
i dont really know how long you worked on this video but thank you for at least making it look like you spent a bit of time making this unlike your other videos.

an intro shouldnt make up 1/3 of a video. try to keep yourself to a 3 second limit for your intros
saying anything about the song is kind of subjective. if an edit does a good job of selling the song and fits the songs mood well (think icejjfish and a really goofy edit of godzilla boxing with bambi) then nothing is really wrong with it.
but you did a very good job of making the overall feel of the video fit the song unlike your other videos where there's little to no visible production quality but has a really serious and intense feel to it.
there wasn't much editing in this video aside from the velocity pumps which is fine (if that's how you want to distinguish yourself from other editors then go for it.) other than a few of them were off beat/ weren't synced to anything in the song which is understandable since that's what you were trying to work on BUT, sync really isnt a thing you can really mess up if you put enough time and effort into it if something is out of sync it isnt because you lack the skill to do so. its lack of interest and or effort.

what ever you were aiming for at 0:22-0:24, either dont do it or get it right. i know you werent aiming for such a lame effect so either put enough effort into getting the result that you were looking for or replace it with something thats more within your skill level

this is the first video that i really thought was "different" from a bunch of videos that ive seen recently and its certainly the first video ive liked that youve made. please dont let it be the last
everyone complains about fucking intros everytime

is your attention span so fucking low you can't even sit through a longer intro?

i'd say choose better fonts for future videos
Last edited by Humper; Jul 8, 2014 at 02:46 PM.
I play games and lift weights.
Originally Posted by Humper View Post
everyone complains about fucking intros everytime

well thats cause theres something wrong with the intros every time. :/
No its just that intros are uninteresting and toribash people dont fuck with intros
Scribe pls c:
[OSHI] [Judo Organization] [Aether] [Team AikidoBigDojo] [PSN]
[3:50:35 PM] Sam: I'm a lyrical, cynical, rythmical demon.
Spittin out lines like I spit out hot semen.....
Taking a break...
Thanks Iso, Yea i tend to not use a lot of effects or little or no effects, because my computer has a stroke while rendering every time i have a buttload of effects on After Effects, so i keep it light. I might pursue that style of Light effects. Until i receive a more powerful computer. Thats why my slow motion tends to be bad at times. My computer is a baby and lags at at every little thing, heck when i record toribash is at like 20 fps sometimes. I can't use twixtor or what ever its called, because i wasn't looking to spend money into a recorder or effects. So I'm just trying to do the best with what i have. I thought that intro was too long, thanks for confirming.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
Yea i tend to not use a lot of effects or little or no effects, because my computer has a stroke while rendering every time i have a buttload of effects on After Effects, so i keep it light.

Please keep your videos just like this, everything is clear and nice ;p it makes it easy to enjoy the video. As for cnc:

- Shorter intro, maybe a different font (although the intro did look nice, and the sync was good.)
- Maybe try tampering with the cam a bit and getting some interesting angles/perspectives. They weren't bad in this video, although it tends to be pretty awesome when video makers do something from tori's cam or get close to tori/ukes face, or right up behind them.
- I enjoyed the music a lot. It's nice getting a break from all of the dubstep, hip hop and rap.

I really enjoyed the video, you're making progress.
Last edited by Aracoon; Jul 9, 2014 at 07:24 AM.