Toribash
Original Post
[TEX]Helmet Head
Thinking of making a new set for myself.

Here's a little WIP of the head:

image 2

So yeh, Cnc would be much appreciated. Created using Gimp, Photoshop cs2, and Paint Tool SAI
Last edited by Gryphon; Jul 12, 2014 at 04:42 AM.
whats this? this isnt a dragon!
:P

interesting depth on the side of the mask, just make sure it carries through the rest of the texture.
that side circle thing and plate on the lower back need some work, dont really get them, clashes with the rest of the head.

very power ranger-ish, very nostalgic.
its interesting, i like it.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Ohhhhh!!! I geddit.

I was staring at this for 5 solid minutes figuring out what the heck it was.

I was like... "wtf this mapping?"

Turned out you were working with 1024x512

Looking good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
whats this? this isnt a dragon!
:P

interesting depth on the side of the mask, just make sure it carries through the rest of the texture.
that side circle thing and plate on the lower back need some work, dont really get them, clashes with the rest of the head.

very power ranger-ish, very nostalgic.
its interesting, i like it.

lol yeah! I'm actually drawing things other than just those crazy beasts Lately I've been trying to get the hang of drawing more machine like/technical stuff so I can draft up my own plans for 3d models and stuff like that, but the occasional dragony creature is still my go-to subject if just feel like doodling for fun.

Thanks, and yeah... I got a bit lazy when I started on the back half of the texture and wasn't thinking about it much. Maybe it'll look better if I change the circle thing into more of a hexagon..? Or a triangular piece even. And I see what you mean with the back bottom panel. Now that I look at it, it seems like it's just kinda... there, and it looks super flat. I'll fix that up later today and add some more depth to that area.

Thanks for the CnC!

Originally Posted by Karstnator View Post
Ohhhhh!!! I geddit.

I was staring at this for 5 solid minutes figuring out what the heck it was.

I was like... "wtf this mapping?"

Turned out you were working with 1024x512

Looking good

Haha oops XD Yeah, I was thinking of mirroring the texture for the preview, but it was late and I was tired :P Here's the mirrored texture without scaling:

thing

Thanks for the comment! :3
This looks very awesome, except for just one part, in my opinion

his mouth looks sort like mickey mouse's to me, and I can't get it out of my head xD.
Other than that your work is amazing as always. 9/10
i dont think its supposed to be a mouth, just a layered ripple thing that other hemets have. but yeah, i recommend you re do that part as it does look like micky mouse hehe<3
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by Terosious View Post
This looks very awesome, except for just one part, in my opinion

his mouth looks sort like mickey mouse's to me, and I can't get it out of my head xD.
Other than that your work is amazing as always. 9/10

Haha yeah you're right. Geez... now I can't stop seeing it either XD it looks pretty silly. I'll be fixing that as well.
Haha yeah, it sorta does look like a panda :P

Updated the texture a bit. Fixed the sides and back, and also modified the mouth piece thing: