3D model I'm doing.
Concept:

Lizardman

- Polished Marble
- runes/sigils/glyphs
- Snow white hair, left side shaved.
- spikes down his back made out of bones
- dragons tail made out of scales, from brown to white tip
- black eyes with white veins, black obsidian pupils with irises that are glowing florescent green

Starting with the model on Monday
3d references coming up

drawings and textures in Photoshop, model in Maya and Zbrush.
but the right side of his head is shaved
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up

ye it was on purpose. Originally it was the left side, but I thought it would look better with the right side, seeing as it will kinda divide the character in half
Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 14, 2014 at 01:49 AM.
Ew skrillex. His style is questionable. Go metal and find good metal [a tip: Rishloo- Feathergun[full album] thank me later ]
OK so I think runes/glyph lets say with magical powers would fit his right hand as it has no armor on it. Also you could put on his rib cage sides some. But you could also put some on his armor.
Also some armor to protect the shin would be good.
Also i think the spikes should be a bit smaller? because if the character was to sit down they wouldnt help much, unless he moves like an animal. Tail looks cool.
Reminds me of skyrim character creation btw :P
Also I want to see an eye wip outside the character.
Cheers man keep up the good work
CREAM ON !
Started modeling, just working on the base mesh for now.

yeah, added more and smaller spikes, longer tail, I didn't bother putting the runes/relics/whatever in the 3d reference because its something I'll freehand in Zbrush later. First I need to:

- finish base mesh (including hands/feet/clothes) base mesh meaning basic geometry.
- import to Zbrush
- sculpt more complex shapes
- remesh sculpture and make UVs
- add as much details as possible
- export displacement map and lower subdivision mesh back to Maya
- Make textures
- apply textures and displacementmap to model in Maya
- add hair/fur all that shit in maya
- simple rig
- render
- send OBJ + textures to client
- Get paid
- Get bitches
Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 16, 2014 at 04:27 AM.
such a thick waistline.
lay off the cake, lizard guy.

needs a more triangular shaped upper body, that comes from proper back muscles, core can afford to be quite slender, he is a lizzard after all.
treat the shoulders more like tori's shoulder joint, atm he looks lazy with those slouching shoulders.
thickness in the neck mostly comes from his shoulders/back muscles, the neck itself shouldnt be too thick.

Im not good at legs, so i cant comment on much of that besides that he needs thinner ankles.

anatomy anatomy anatomy.
build skeleton, add muscles. not the other way round.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
So with bendovers corrections i would suggest

Body

reptiles body from mortal kombat would help

Back spikes

somethings like that on the back (the analogy of the spikes) would seem good
CREAM ON !
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
such a thick waistline.
lay off the cake, lizard guy.

needs a more triangular shaped upper body, that comes from proper back muscles, core can afford to be quite slender, he is a lizzard after all.
treat the shoulders more like tori's shoulder joint, atm he looks lazy with those slouching shoulders.
thickness in the neck mostly comes from his shoulders/back muscles, the neck itself shouldnt be too thick.

Im not good at legs, so i cant comment on much of that besides that he needs thinner ankles.

anatomy anatomy anatomy.
build skeleton, add muscles. not the other way round.

yeah anatomy comes later to be honest, first you just need to block out the shapes and know roughly kind of what you want, and then you fine tune it later in sculpting. I do start with skeleton when drawing tho, maybe I'm just not that good on it yet.

did a bit more on the model, hands, feet, a bit more anatomical details.

first time I have done feet, so I struggled a lot :P but it was pretty simular to hands.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jul 17, 2014 at 03:46 AM.
his head is too round, i think. idk.
his body is bigger than his legs, i suggest making his body height bigger.
and his arms are too long, imo. if you look at your original concept his hands are around normal size, but if you look at the arms just from your head it seems like it reaches his knee.

otherwise, great job ;d