Toribash
Original Post
[ART] 1 Hour Project
I was challenged to colour in this picture of Haruhi Suzumiya within an hour. Turned out pretty good for one hour

original lineart can be found via searching '7th grade haruhi lineart'

Programs used:
GIMP
Coke
Trackpad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
More like 5 minutes. You need to read up on shading and how light hit stuff
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
Originally Posted by Augans View Post
You really need to work on the shading, try not using such a round brush when you do.

My main problem is that I don't know how to NOT make the brush pixelated. I'm scared to use the pencil because it doesn't look good (in my opinion anyway)

Also, mind suggesting me good brushes to use when I really do my own work?

Originally Posted by Freeancer
More like 5 minutes. You need to read up on shading and how light hit stuff

Thanks for that. I'll see what I can do I guess

Well at least now I know the Community softened up. I'm pretty sure I remember you Augans. Dunno where I remember you from though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
click my sig for a great time (WIP)
im smoking weed out of a pussy filled with money i like this
Then use the lasso selection tool or polygon selection tool to block out basic light spots?
Jalis: Freelancer, you're a duck | Sachi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Reanimator: Freelancer, you're a duck
satiknee: Freelancer, you're a duck | Wiggi: Freelancer, you're a duck | Tarlan: Freelancer, you're a duck
the most essential part of coloring line-art is being able to check up on the coloring
i really feel like you colored this and didn't even bother doing check-ups to find any missed pixels
i won't yell at you too much about the shading, but try not to let your lighting and shading cross so abruptly like you did around the chin. it looks gross.

shading is a learning experience, coloring in between the lines is not

good try
beware
the goblin

Watch the whole thing and learn.
how trace over stuff like you and use paint bucket like pro

teach please i pay very well
Originally Posted by Kaneki333 View Post
I'm Brazilian, i'm alredy fucked every day i wake up