Toribash
Original Post
Spider man is a BUSTA! A replay comp.
Hello all. This replay competition is open to anyone who wants to enter. OLDA members will get a secret bonus if they win/impress. But anyone in the Toribash forums is welcome to try for the prize.

The rules of the competition are as follows.

You may enter 2 replays. The replays must be made in env2.TBM. The max length of the replays is 5000 frames. The DM is 100. Here is where it gets interesting the gravity can be what ever you want. (the lower the number, the lighter you are btw.)

The goal of the replays will be to leap from building to building with grace and style, like Spider man without the web. The more buildings you reach the better.

The replay that wins will reach multiple buildings in a truly nice looking manner. Having a higher gravity setting will give your replay more points as far as skill is goes, but style and grace are the main elements to shoot for aside from multiple building landings.

The competition will have a bonus section for those who feel like trying. In env.2.TBM there is a building that is balls fell offher away then any other buildings. It sticks out pretty badly but I have made a diagram anyways. If you can make it to the top of this building you will win 9k T.C.s regardless of wether or not you win the over all comp. (the bonus will be given to the first person to do it.

First prize. 30k T.C.s
Second prize. Jack.
Third prize. Nothing.

The contest will be over September 16th. That gives you...some time.

There have been some troubles with Camera veiws. Here is a script that may help. Press 7 and it will focus on your Tori for you. Credit to eveyone who had a hand in the script. http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...ghlight=camera

Judges.
Deady.
Skulfuk
Rutzor.

The Second part of the contest (for 9k) is over.The winner is Phoenix333

I will attach a replay to give you an idea of what I mean. In mine I lose my head and only reach one building though, the winning replay will be better, with no DM's.

O.k. I think that is all. If anyone see's anything i forgot please post about it. Also, if you try to cheat, you will be caught....and NO TELEPORTING!
Attached Files
DeadyIsABadExample.rpl (74.6 KB, 74 views)
Last edited by deady; Sep 4, 2008 at 06:55 AM.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Sounds like fun deady. I'm going to try this

Edit: as much fun as this might be, the camera is being a bitch in this mod
Last edited by Rutzor; Aug 25, 2008 at 05:05 AM.
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
its not amazing, but it somethin...stop watching after it reaches 3k frames
Attached Files
jumping.rpl (88.0 KB, 40 views)
Christmas Ghost Humans do not value their existence.
Alright, I'll take a shot at this, here's my entries.

In the first entry, I used standard gravity (-9.82) to reach seven different rooftops, not including the starting roof. I end up landing on the seventh rooftop after the 5000 frames run out, so I'm not sure if you will count it or not. If not, I can just go back and make the end a little bit faster.

The second entry, instead of focusing on getting from rooftop to rooftop, I stuck with just the sides of the buildings. I also learned that I can't fly very well.

The last one isn't really a full entry, it's just a replay where I make it to the top of the bonus building for the 9k, on the standard -9.82 gravity setting.

Note: In the first entry and the bonus building replay, I only moved Uke so that the camera wouldn't bug out and make adjusting the joints much more difficult. He did not have any effect on my direct movement.
Attached Files
OLDA Replay Comp Entry 1.rpl (631.6 KB, 31 views)
OLDA Replay Comp Entry 2.rpl (690.2 KB, 22 views)
Last edited by Phoenix; Aug 28, 2008 at 11:45 AM.